Kaseya Community

Google Drive Application Procedure

This question is answered

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to install the Google Drive Application to multiple windows 8.1 machines silently?

I'm using the msi file, but it doesn't install at all.

The script summary says "Success"

I'm fairly new to application procedures, does anyone have any ideas?

Ian

Verified Answer
  • We just use the free ninite.com google drive installer. The agent procedure becomes a couple of lines to copy the file to the agent and run it. To update the software then just becomes a case of rerunning the script.

Ninite makes these jobs so easy.

All Replies
  • Hi  

If you provide us the procedure (screenshot or .xml export) we may be able to debug it or provide some suggestions.

While the procedure log says 'Success', meaning, it may successfully run the commands but still have a problem deploying the software.

• <ScriptExport xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns="www.kaseya.com/.../Scripting">

<Procedure name="Google Drive Sync Install" treePres="3" id="1017172533" folderId="940922195623126" treeFullPath="myProcedures - chairo.local/icooper">

<Body description="">

<Statement name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="AgentInstallDrive"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value=""/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="agentDrv"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="GetURL" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="URL" value="portal.chairo.vic.edu.au/.../>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="ResponseFileName" value="#agentDrv#temp\gsync.msi"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="BooleanParameter" name="WaitComplete" value="True"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="Install MSI" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter1" value="#agentDrv#temp\gsync.msi"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter2" value="True"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter3" value="True"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="PauseScript" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="IntegerParameter" name="Seconds" value="30"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="DeleteFile" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Path" value="#agentDrv#temp\gsync.msi"/>

</Statement>

</Body>

</Procedure>

</ScriptExport>

• We just use the free ninite.com google drive installer. The agent procedure becomes a couple of lines to copy the file to the agent and run it. To update the software then just becomes a case of rerunning the script.

Ninite makes these jobs so easy.

• Personally, I write out the msiexec installation functions through command shell for the most value and output.  The built in Kaseya integration within AP for MSI is good however, I always want to be better.  

You can find the switches here.

Personally I install and create a log file to store in the kworking directory; through that same log, I parse for a certain value and if it is true, I would consider it a successful installation otherwise it is failed.

Quickly looking at your procedure, I would suspend the delete function and verify if the msi is being pulled down from your desired remote location.  The event logs also helps to identify some situations as well with msi files.  

Good luck.