Kaseya Community

KServer license status check

• Hi,

anybody having an agent procedure / script to "daily" check / alert on the Kserver license expiration status.

rgds 

• What is your end-goal for this?  From what I understand, most licenses are annual and your account manager should be aware and follow-up with you and/or your company when getting close to license expiration.

• Unfortunately it didn't and we got in maintenance expired !!!

• easiest thing for you to do is set up a SQL job that runs - here is the text for the job to do what you are wanting...  Obviously - change the 30 and 7 to whatever values you want and you can schedule the job to run as frequently as you need.

DECLARE

@Return int,

@message varchar(250),

@recipients varchar(256)

select @Return = DateDiff(dd,getDate(),value) from vdb_licenseValues where ref = 'Expiration'

IF @Return < 30

BEGIN

Select @message = 'Kaseya License is getting close to expiration (' + Convert(varchar(6),@Return) + ' days left)'

END

ELSE

BEGIN

IF @Return < 7

BEGIN

Select @message = 'Kaseya License expires in less than 1 week (' + Convert(varchar(6),@Return) + ' days left)'

END

END

-- Change your email address to email distribution group or person who needs to get

-- Success Notification

SET @recipients = 'bob@msg.com'

if (len(@message) > 0)

BEGIN

EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail

@recipients = @recipients,

@body = @message,

@subject = @message,

@profile_name = 'DefaultMail' ;

END

• @Chris Clancy Thanks for sharing your SQL skills, learned a few new things by playing around with it and now I have a SQL Agent Job that will warn me for this. Smile

• No problem - I use that particular job to check that our # of agents doesn't max out unexpectedly with this line

SELECT @Return = (SELECT value FROM vdb_LicenseValues WHERE licenseType > 0 and partitionId = 1 AND dataType <> 2 and licensetype = 1) - dbo.fn_GetUsageAgentsFiltered(1, '')

• This is what I like the most finding like minded people that you can also learn from;

I figured out how to replace some of those additional IF steps with a CASE and it works pretty well with that agent license select query Big Smile

IF @Return < 101

BEGIN SELECT @message = (SELECT CASE

WHEN (@Return < 1) THEN 'Kaseya Agent License count Critical (' + Convert(varchar(6),@Return) + ' Agent licenses left)'

WHEN (@Return < 10) THEN 'Kaseya Agent License count Very  Low (' + Convert(varchar(6),@Return) + ' Agent licenses left)'

WHEN (@Return = 100) THEN 'Kaseya Agent License count is Low (' + Convert(varchar(6),@Return) + ' Agent licenses left)'

END AS vMessage)

END

• Cool info - thank you. I've added the license expiry and max agents into to my NOC system.

• Hi Chris,

where did you get this ......dbo.fn_GetUsageAgentsFiltered(1, '') ?

rgds

• would like to get the following

Maxlic - nbr of agents - KNM Licenses => remaining

• that SQL function already does that math for you regarding KNM - here is what it calls to get the "KNM Licenses"

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Inventory.knmLicenseUsage WHERE (partitionId = 1)

• yes, I have that one, but is there a count for the nbr of agents installed ?

• total agents that aren't KNMi -> select count (distinct agentGuid)  from agentState

• ok thks Graig