Kaseya Community

Script to uninstall gotomeeting and google toolbar

This question is answered

Anyone have scripts for removing gotomeeting or google toolbar?

Verified Answer
  • See if the product appears in the output from this: wmic product get name. If yes, copy the name from your output and create a variable #appName# which you can feed to the next command:

wmic product where "name like '%%#appName#%%'" get IdentifyingNumber

This will get you the uninstall GUID (you will need to use a command to extract just the GUID) which you can feed to Kaseya "UninstallByProductGUID"

All Replies
  • Is it command-shell friendly?  What does the audit module say?

• This script will remove it but you will need to find the GUID for the version of the currently installed Google Toolbar from the registry and put it into the script:

Set Shell=WScript.CreateObject("Shell.Application")

Shell.MinimizeAll

On Error Resume Next

Dim WshShell,a,i

i=0

Set WshShell=WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set Shell=WScript.CreateObject("Shell.Application")

'Begin Script

'This Removes the Google ToolBar

a=WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{D2F79BDC-5472-4246-AB8A-8492C2443147}\UninstallString")

If a<>"" Then

WshShell.Run(a&" /S"),1,True

i=i+1

end if

• See if the product appears in the output from this: wmic product get name. If yes, copy the name from your output and create a variable #appName# which you can feed to the next command:

wmic product where "name like '%%#appName#%%'" get IdentifyingNumber

This will get you the uninstall GUID (you will need to use a command to extract just the GUID) which you can feed to Kaseya "UninstallByProductGUID"

• Thanks Lothario,

That should work for Google Toolbar. Ill have to find another way for Gotomeeting

• The first thing I always check is with powershell.

get-wmiobject win32_product and look for the product that you want to uninstall. And then with that information, the following like

(get-wmiobject win32_product | ? {$_.Name -eq 'NameListedinPreviousTest'}).uninstall()

For example

(get-wmiobject win32_product | ? {$_.Name -eq 'Adobe Acrobat XI Pro'}).uninstall()