Kaseya Community

user credential command not working in AP

• I have a pretty simple batch file set to execute a .exe file. It works with my logon as i am an admin. Trying both the "usercredential" and "impersonateUser" without any success? In the executefile command i've tried to run as user and as system to no avail? I need to get this file to run whether or not there is an admin logged in. Thanks!

• Hey  

Are you using ExecuteFile or ExecuteShellCommand in your procedure?

A screenshot of your procedure itself may help us identify the exact problem here, however it sounds similar to what we see with executefile step.

Below is a previous thread on a similar discussion of executefile and executeshellcommand:

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/28/t/13971.aspx

Best Regards,

Nicolas

• Thanks Nicolas. I was using executeFile but I am know trying the Shell. I can’t get either way to work just yet unless an administrator is logged into windows? It doesn’t seem to be work at all if I have the usecredential in the procedure. The procedure looks like this;

1 usecredential(“all operating systems”,”Halt on fail”)

2 executeshellcommand(“c:\nextgen-r.bat”, “Exeute as user”, “all operating systems”, “halt on fail”)

That’s it. Sorry I cannot screen shot right now as I’m away from my desk.  

It will not execute the shell command or do anything with the usercredential in the procedure?