Kaseya Community

transfer of files to server not 100% working

• Hi,

Is there a way to check the status of a file transfer !! I have some jobs running in the morning that should transfer some files to the KSERVER for reporting purposes.

Despites the fact that in the agent procedure log you can see the transfer file messages no file is actually transferred, however just running this procedure again

the file is correctly updated.

procedure  ==> check_BSR_SSR_status and file to transfer from client side c:\waslet\kaseyaagent\outfile.txt.

already checked and the file on the client side contained data from 02/10/2014, however the file on the kserver was not overwritten

and contained data from 01/10/2014.

rgds

• Can you post your Agent Procedure?

• Hi,

below the transfer steps I'm using.

again this morning only 1 file that got transferred successfully. For the others I have the transfer msg in the log file, but 

don't know were they where transferred to !!!

rgds

</If>

<If description="">

<Condition name="TestFile">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Path" value="#agentTemp#\#file#"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="Condition" value="Exists"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Value" value=""/>

</Condition>

<Then>

<Statement name="Transfer File" continueOnFail="false" osType="Windows">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter1" value="radon.brussels.waslet"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter2" value="#agentTemp#\#file#"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter3" value="c:\kaseya\webpages\ManagedFiles\VSASharedFiles\vbsscripts\report\#Domain#\backup\#MachName#\#MachName#.#report_date#.#file2#"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="PauseScript" continueOnFail="false" osType="Windows">

<Parameter xsi:type="IntegerParameter" name="Seconds" value="120"/>

</Statement>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter1" value="radon.brussels.waslet"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter2" value="#agentTemp#\#file1#"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter3" value="c:\kaseya\webpages\ManagedFiles\VSASharedFiles\vbsscripts\report\#Domain#\backup\#MachName#\#file1#"/>

</Statement>

<Statement name="PauseScript" continueOnFail="false" osType="Windows">

<Parameter xsi:type="IntegerParameter" name="Seconds" value="120"/>

</Statement>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter2" value="#agentTemp#\bsr-ssr-history.txt"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Parameter3" value="c:\kaseya\webpages\ManagedFiles\VSASharedFiles\vbsscripts\report\#Domain#\backup\#MachName#\#MachName#.bsr-ssr-history.txt"/>

• Hi,

anybody can help / assist on this matter ? knows what is going wrong with the transfer statement.

the log is showing transfer messages and transaction ID but files are not present at destination !!

when I run the procedure again, the files are transferred correctly however

rgds

• The script you posted is incomplete, might be better to export it, zip it up and attach it to your forum post so that we can see the whole procedure and avoid any formatting issues.

For debugging you should use writeProcedureLogEntry to write what the values are of your variables before you use them and anywhere you use If statements so that you can track the logic of your procedure.

Also you might want to check that the target path exists and if you can overwrite existing files using the transferFile command. Try simplifying your script so that it only uses the transfer command on a single source machine replacing the variables with the actual folder and file names so that you can see if it works or not.

• Hi HardKnoX,

thks for you reply

1) the transfer statement does not contain any options/parameters as to overwrite or not.

2) odd thing is that the corresponding machines logs show the transfer messages even up to transaction ID

one file gets even correctly overwritten, the other one disappear....I don't know where...

3) I only use one "receiving machine" being the Kserver itself.

4) the transfer statements are one behind the other with a pauze in between

5) and last but not least : sometimes I notice in the logs that the system wants to transfer to the corresponding userprofile .....and not to the folder indicated.

rgds

• Hi,

just noticed that the file was sitting in the userprofile folder. Don't know what should kick off in order to have it moved to the reporting folder on the server. I resubmitted the procedure and suddenly all files were moved successfully. Don't know what is going wrong here....

Is the userprofile folder used as an intermittent folder during the transfer process but why is it not moved correctly at the end of the process ?

rgds