Kaseya Community

Script to uninstall ScreenConnect Silently

This question is answered

Trying to write a script to uninstall screenconnect silently. The uninstall string uses an msiexec.exe so it should be simple however the string is different on each computer. Even the name of the application in add/remove has a unique string attached to.

This command line works but is there a way to grab the uninstall string from computers registry? msiexec /X {AB4CDE3D-283C-486F-8B01-1633D323A16C} /qn

Thought of also using this command (wmic product where name=’Product Name’ call uninstall) however the application name looks like this ScreenConnect Client (885bb118c0bd0c50) and is different for each PC. 

Cleared up some terms.
[edited by: Elliot Tabush at 8:08 AM (GMT -7) on Mar 27, 2014]
Verified Answer
  • Will it work with a wild card (don't forget to escape the wild card character by doubling it)?

wmic product where "name like 'Screen%%'"

If there is more than one instance of a product like the above you may need to use a For Each loop to find the one you want. The above will only return the first instance, I think.

• Procedure INSTALL - Uninstall Screen Connect app.xml

I built this a month ago to remove Screen Connect from several machines... should do the trick

All Replies
  • Use "like":

wmic product where "name like 'ScreenConnect Client'" call uninstall /nointeractive

• Returned "No Instance(s) Available"

I also tried:  wmic product where "name like 'ScreenConnect'" call uninstall /nointeractive

• Will it work with a wild card (don't forget to escape the wild card character by doubling it)?

wmic product where "name like 'Screen%%'"

If there is more than one instance of a product like the above you may need to use a For Each loop to find the one you want. The above will only return the first instance, I think.

• Procedure Screenconnect Uninstall.xml

Here's one we use with good success. Just modify accordingly, should save you some time.

Although I just read further and seems you have different packages installed... we only have a single string to worry about.

No more suggested answer :P
    [edited by: Neal Edgeworth at 9:26 PM (GMT -7) on Mar 27, 2014]
  • Procedure INSTALL - Uninstall Screen Connect app.xml

I built this a month ago to remove Screen Connect from several machines... should do the trick

• Thanks everyone for your help!