Kaseya Community

Wake up multiple agents

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I need some help with the following.

I'm trying to create a procedure that wil wake up all Thin Cliënts at a certain time. Now Kaseya has an build in option to wake up an agent.
I've read that if you shedule an procedure and enable "Power up if offline", keseya wil try to find an agent in the same subnet to send the wake up command.
Both options are not working. If i plan a procedure with the power up if offline option the procedure will just stay scheduled until the agent becomes online.

Sincei am able to wake up the agent with wolcmd command and Kaseya has all the information needed to execute such command i thought i could make a simple script.
My idea: run a script on all Thin Cliënts to create batch file wich i could run from the server.
echo wolcmd #vMachine.MacAddr# #vMachine.IpAddress# #vMachine.SubnetMask# 7 >>>> \\servername\share\wol.txt
Each agent will append their wol command to the tekst file. Then i would create a script for the server that simply renames the wol.txt to wol.bat and then runs it.

Now i am unable to write to the txt file to an unc path and this way the procedure isn't universal. So my question is:
Can i make a procedure that wil run on the server (or other agent that is online) wich will gather #vMachine.MacAddr# #vMachine.IpAddress# and#vMachine.SubnetMask# from all agents in the same kaseya group?

All Replies
  • Quick question... do the thin clients have vPro?

• I'm not sure. The Thin Cliënt i'm testing on right nog is a HP t5740 with a Broadcom BCM57780 NetLink..

I don't think so..

• Do those machines have Wake On Lan capability?

• Yes. In the Bios Wake up on Lan is enabled.  

In Windows XP embedded the ethernet adapter settings are set to:

WOL Speed: Auto

Wake UP Capabilities: Both

I am able to wake the Thin Cliënt up using wolcmd command.

• I ran into a problem with the built in Kaseya WOL sending the magic packet over the wrong interface so I had to come up with a solution and found this free tool from Nirsoft that has commandline switches that you can use with Agent Procedures;

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html

• Thanks for the Nirsoft tip. I may come in hand some day. Unfortunately the Thin Cliënt won't wake up with the tool. And i'm trying to automate this.

So basicly i want to shedule a procedure wich runs on thursday night to grap the MAC, IP and Subnet of all agents containing "Thin Client" in a custom field. With that information i can create a batch file to run wichs wakes up all the Thin Clients.

• Roy
    Thanks for the Nirsoft tip. I may come in hand some day. Unfortunately the Thin Cliënt won't wake up with the tool. And i'm trying to automate this.

@Roy, actually it would work which is why I'm using it.

Good luck, hope you figure it out Smile