Kaseya Community

Transform old v5 scripts into 1 K2 script

This question is answered

Hi,

I have a few procedures that actually are several scripts. This was to work around the limitation in v5 where you could only have 1 IF statement per script. This is obviouslty solved in K2, but now I'm left clueless how to get those older scripts into 1 procedure.

I've tried to export the scripts to XML, but im no expert on XML files (yet Sad). So if there is an easy/easier way of doing this, then I would gladly hear of it!

On a side note, is there another way of creating scripts outside of the web ui? Like an (offline) editor that exports scripts that K2 kan import?

Verified Answer
  • I have had no luck with mixing contents from two exported scripts and then importing it back in and have it work. No matter how careful I've been with making sure everything is there for each statement, I always get an error when attempting to import the edited file...

I've resigned to re-writing some of my long scripts manually. Hopefully, I can get them cleaned some in the process, but since we cannot print out the scripts, nor copy from script to script, nor edit more than one script at a time, this is a painful process.

All Replies
  • I have had no luck with mixing contents from two exported scripts and then importing it back in and have it work. No matter how careful I've been with making sure everything is there for each statement, I always get an error when attempting to import the edited file...

I've resigned to re-writing some of my long scripts manually. Hopefully, I can get them cleaned some in the process, but since we cannot print out the scripts, nor copy from script to script, nor edit more than one script at a time, this is a painful process.

• Recreating the scripts manually is the best way. Automating the conversion would just be too complicated.

I don't think I would trust a converter even if I wrote it myself.