Kaseya Community

Simple network install batch file not working.. help

• I am under the gun and totally stumped.  I am simply trying to get Access Runtime installed silenly on my network PCs.  Our network is not robust enough to push the installer out to each of the 400 individual PCs.  I have pushed the file out to a hidden share on each of the file servers called MyBenefits$.  I have created a filer in Kaseya to see which machines do not have any version of Access on them, but it seems that no matter which way I approach this.. it is not working.  All my network PCs are XP w/SP3 & Windows 7.  I have even created a bogus Helpdesk user to Impersonate to make sure they have the correct permissions.  This is the script I am currently working from.  Any help would be appreciated..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    -<ScriptExport xmlns="http://www.kaseya.com/vsa/2008/12/Scripting" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    -<Procedure treeFullPath="myProcedures - skile" folderId="61229917824951156522192357" id="1831423923" treePres="3" name="Install AccessRT 2010 silently">
    -<Body description="This kicks off Access 2010 RT installer silently">
    -<Statement name="ImpersonateUser" description="Map Y Drive & execute InstallAccessRT.bat" osType="Windows" continueOnFail="false">
      <Parameter name="UserName" value="jdoedoe" xsi:type="StringParameter"/>
      <Parameter name="Password" value="*******" xsi:type="StringParameter"/>
      <Parameter name="Domain" value="cbhi" xsi:type="StringParameter"/>
    </Statement>
    -<Statement name="ExecuteShellCommand" osType="Windows" continueOnFail="false">
      <Parameter name="Command" value="net use Y: \\reddc01\MyBenefits$" xsi:type="StringParameter"/>
      <Parameter name="ExecuteAccount" value="User" xsi:type="EnumParameter"/> <Parameter name="Is64Bit" value="False" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/>
    </Statement>
      <Parameter name="Command" value="Y:" xsi:type="StringParameter"/>
      <Parameter name="ExecuteAccount" value="User" xsi:type="EnumParameter"/>
      <Parameter name="Is64Bit" value="False" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/>
    </Statement>
      <Parameter name="Command" value="Y:\InstallAccessRT.bat" xsi:type="StringParameter"/>
      <Parameter name="ExecuteAccount" value="User" xsi:type="EnumParameter"/>
      <Parameter name="Is64Bit" value="False" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/>
    </Statement>
    </Body>
    </Procedure>
    </ScriptExport>

Typo
    [edited by: Steve K at 10:52 AM (GMT -8) on Nov 19, 2013]
  • What step is it failing on?

• The last step.  The InstallAccessRT.bat file exists and works when I run it from a PC.  

I am not married to this approach.. I have tried several and I am not making decent progress on it.

• Procedure MAP Drive System User (Prompt).zip

If you map the network share as the "System" user by using the "System User" to run the command and supply the network credentials for the network share it will from my experience work better;

net use #DRIVE#: #SHARE# /user:#USER# #PASSWORD# /PERSISTENT:YES

I have attached a sample of a script that will prompt for the values just change the variables from prompt to constant and fill them out with the correct values to use or just replicate the lines if it works better for you. Note that if the network credentials are domain based use [domain]\[user] for the user name if not use [server name]\[user].

• Also do need to run the batch file with this method, you can either copy the ART setup files locally with XCOPY or Robocopy and install it with following command; Setup.exe /QN

Or if it is the single un-extracted ART EXE file installer you can copy to a local path and then execute it with the following  switches; /quiet /passive /norestart