Kaseya Community

SQL commands in Kaseya Procedures (msg+++SQLCMD)

• Thanks Mark

Will we be able to pass variables to the SQL script via the label

i.e The current method of using +++SQLCMD allows us to pass variables to it from the Agent procedure , so will we be able to replicate that functionality and pass 2 or more variables to the SQL contained in the XML file and have the result returned to the running procedure

Paul

• Paul,

The SQL string you approve gets executed in the script engine exactly as you type in and approve. So if you SQL string contains a script variable, then it gets used. It is exactly the same as +++sqlcmd:

Mark

• The 6.3 upgrade has introduced the new method of executing SQL Commands

The change affects Service Desk Procedures .. but I cannot see any change to the Agent Procedure list of commands

You will need to add xml files into the following folders

C:\Kaseya\xml\SDProcSQL\0\SQLNonQuery\<filename.xml

C:\Kaseya\xml\SDProcSQL\0\SQLQuery\<filename.xml

Example syntax for the files is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<queryList>

<queryDef label="MySQLCommand" sql="SELECT machName FROM dbo.machNameTab WHERE agentGuid = '123456789' " />

</queryList>

I'd suggest creating the files BEFORE you upgrade

See help.kaseya.com/.../index.htm  for more detail

[edited by: Paul Haaker at 8:27 PM (GMT -8) on Jan 19, 2013] Typos
  • The SQLRead and SQLWrite commands are now implemented in Agent Procedures .. and it looks like any workaround you had been using for the  +++SQLCMD may now also have stopped working

• This works until I make  a second file containing SQL in the folder.

I am not clear on this part, documentation and this conversation sounds like I can create a separate file for each SQL statement or group of statements as long as they have unique labels.

When I have two SQL statements each in its own file the script editor hangs on reviving data from host, when I add the execute SQL command to the script in SD.

Edit: I have found the cause, in one of my SQL statements i had this "and online <> 0".

The angle brackets caused the phraser to fail. after I updated the statement to "and online != 0" it works properly.

[edited by: K Arnott at 9:12 AM (GMT -8) on Jan 25, 2013] Update
  • @Paul Haaker - My workaround for SQLCMD is still working :)

• Either I'm going Mad .. or a Hotfix came out .. as mine definitely had stopped working

Also @K Arnott ... I've got all my SQLread commands in a single file. haven't tested multiple files yet