Kaseya Community

Silently Uninstall Bing Bar

This question is not answered

Trying to write a script that silently removes Bing Bar.

Did some research but couldnt find anything. Anyone now how i can run in command line (32 and 64bit)

All Replies
  • I execute this command as the System Account for 64 bit machines:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bing Bar Installer\InstallManager.exe

with these parameters:

/UNINSTALL /silent

And this command with the same parameters for 32 bit:

C:\Program Files\Bing Bar Installer\InstallManager.exe

• Procedure Bing Bar Silent Uninstall.xml

Give this a try. Script determines if Bing Bar installed. If installed script then runs uninstall string with the /Q argument. 

• Pretty complicated script to just run a simple command. Any reason you use the Get URL step rather than just doing an execute command step?

Also i ran the script and didnt show any failures but bing bar wasnt removed. Ill have to do some testing

• Zippo,

I installed bing bar on 32 bit machine but there is no C:\program files\Bing Bar Installer

• It is just the way we write our scripts.  Allows us to keep them updated in case something changes, and not have to change the script on 10 servers.   Haven't run it in a long time, it was probably requested by one of our partners.  I will ask our script guru to take a look.

• Hi etabush

What version are you trying to uninstall? I see the latest version - Bing Bar - Version 7.1.362.0 - has changed the way it's installed so the suggestion I made won't work on it.

• Yes its that version. Maybe that's also the case with Chris's script.

And Bing finds another way to frustrate us...

• I'll take a look at it shortly and see if I can come up with a new way to beat it - if someone else doesn't beat me here first...

• Procedure Remove Bing Bar - Version 7.1.362.0.xml

Here you go, etabush. This will remove the current version of the Bing Bar from a Windows 7 32 bit machine - which is all I tested it on. You'll probably need to alter the script a bit to add removal for 64 bit machines. Let me know how it works for you...

• I forgot to add that the procedure will also log the removal to a log file in the "C:\temp" folder.

• @chris I too tried but the Bing Version 7.1.362.0 did not get remove, though script ran successfully.

There is simple way to remove by running below command in power shell but this still did not work for 7.1.362, trying to modify it.

msiexec /x {C28D96C0-6A90-459E-A077-A6706F4EC0FC} /quiet

[edited by: Rajeev Sharma at 11:01 AM (GMT -7) on 11 Jul 2012] ...
  • @zippo,  that is good one, will it work for 64 bit systems too?

• Hi Rajeev

It should. You'll need to edit the procedure. Simply copy the first step and, in the copy, change this part

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\Installers\BingBar7.1.362.0\BingBar.msi

to this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\Installers\BingBar7.1.362.0\BingBar.msi

• Sometime along the way Kaseya added a script commandlet to uninstall an app using the Microsoft GUID