Kaseya Community

Circular Logging question - Exchange 2010

This question is not answered

Hi there,

i am doing an agent procedure to enable circular logging, i have done that for exchange 2003/2007 server via setting the registry key

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem\Circular Logging" to 0 but i cannot find anyway to do this for an exchange 2010 server. 

Is there a way to do this via agent procedures?

any input greatly appreciated. 

Regards 

Zee 
All Replies
  • I believe with Exchange 2010 by default circular logging in turned on. - Which doesn't help you with how to enable it on a system with it turned off, but hey, that's all I've got right now.

• Circular logging is NOT turned on by default. In Exchange 2010, you can enable circular logging via the GUI or via an Exchange Powershell commandlet:

Set-MailboxDatabase "Mailbox Database01" -CircularloggingEnabled:$true

This assumes you know the mailbox database name. If you want to enable circular logging on all databases, you'd have to determine how to list the databases and parse them so you could loop thru the names and run the commandlet. I haven't given any further thought to this, but I hope this help get you started

• Thank you Brendan and David for you reply, i was trying to automate the circular logging bit through Kaseya agent procedure. i will try to deploy the commandlet through Kaseya see how it goes, although what i can see is if someone has more than one email database that might cause an issue.

Cheers,

Zee