Kaseya Community

Help needed with writing to System Information custom fields from Agent Procedures

• HI All,

Hoping someone can help me out here and potentially steer me in the right direction. I recently wrote a script that queries the on-board 3G Mobile Broadband devices on the company notebooks and outputs the information to a file. This works awesomely but I now want to take it up a notch.

I would like to be able to read the information from the file that is created and populate 3 custom fields on the agent system information screen. Can anyone provide some direction on how to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance...

Michael

• Search the community, or Google, or my favourite, get Google to search the community, for the FORFILES command.  There are loads of examples dotted around in here but basically it'll let you extract a small portion from a file, you'll just need to repeat the exercise a couple of times to get all the data you need.

If you're struggling post more info and someone is bound to chip in and help with the proper syntax required.

• Hi Michael,

Check below KB may be its help you out ..

community.kaseya.com/.../15355.aspx

• @Alistair,

Investigated the FORFILES command, looks like this might help in extracting the data.

@Gopinath,

Thanks for the link, if I can get the FORFILES command to pull only the information I need out then this will assist in writing the information back to the custom field.

I will let you know how I come along.

Thanks

M

• Hi All,

Just to let you know I managed to sort this out. It was a bit of a roundabout route but between powershell and Kaseya agent procedures I managed to get the information needed and writing back to custom audit fields.

If anyone needs to know how I got this right let me know and I will post the relevant powershell scripts and agent procedure.

Thanks

M

• Go ahead and post... everyone love knowledge!

• Orrrr not