Kaseya Community

Unable to deploy Adobe Air or Flash player from a procedure.

This question is answered
Procedure SW Install - Mac - Adobe Flash Player.xml

When I run the procedure on macs it will display the messages but it will not install the applications. If I follow each step locally on a machine it will install just fine. I attached the Flash Player procedure. Here is the Air procedure since I can only attach one file. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<ScriptExport xmlns="http://www.kaseya.com/vsa/2008/12/Scripting" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> -<Procedure folderId="27129851671975412337824822" id="512223846" treePres="3" name="SW Install - Mac - Adobe Air"> -<Body description=""> -<Statement name="SendMessage" description="Display a message dialog to the user." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Message" value="Adobe Air is about to be installed." xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="Immediate" value="True" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="GetVariable" description="Creates a variable that stores the computer's working directory." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="VariableType" value="AgentTempDirectory" xsi:type="EnumParameter"/> <Parameter name="SourceContent" value="" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="VariableName" value="agentDir" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="WriteFile" description="Downloads the installer file." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Path" value="#agentDir#\AdobeAIR.dmg" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="ManagedFile" value="VSASharedFiles\Adobe Air\AdobeAIR.dmg" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="DeleteAfter" value="False" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="ExecuteShellCommand" description="Mounts the disk image." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Command" value="hdiutil attach #agentDir#\AdobeAIR.dmg" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="ExecuteAccount" value="System" xsi:type="EnumParameter"/> <Parameter name="Is64Bit" value="False" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="ExecuteShellCommand" description="Install Adobe Air, silently and accepts the EULA." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Command" value="/Volumes/Adobe\ AIR/Adobe\ AIR\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ AIR\ Installer -silent -eulaAccepted" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="ExecuteAccount" value="System" xsi:type="EnumParameter"/> <Parameter name="Is64Bit" value="False" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="ExecuteShellCommand" description="Unmounts the disk image." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Command" value="hdiutil detach /Volumes/Adobe\ AIR/" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="ExecuteAccount" value="System" xsi:type="EnumParameter"/> <Parameter name="Is64Bit" value="False" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="DeleteFile" description="Delete the specified file - full path to the filename required." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Path" value="#agentDir#\AdobeAIR.dmg" xsi:type="StringParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="WriteScriptLogEntry" description="Write an Entry into the Procedure Log" continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Comment" value="Adobe Air has been successfully installed." xsi:type="StringParameter"/> </Statement> -<Statement name="SendMessage" description="Display a message dialog to the user." continueOnFail="false"> <Parameter name="Message" value="Adobe Air has been successfully installed." xsi:type="StringParameter"/> <Parameter name="Immediate" value="True" xsi:type="BooleanParameter"/> </Statement> </Body> </Procedure> </ScriptExport>

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

[edited by: cedgar at 1:28 PM (GMT -7) on 6-25-2012] Fixed a typo I spotted.
Verified Answer
  • I found my typo. I was using the wrong slash in the file path. I was using a forwardslash when I should have been using a backslash. I will fix my procedures and post them.

All Replies
  • I found my typo. I was using the wrong slash in the file path. I was using a forwardslash when I should have been using a backslash. I will fix my procedures and post them.

• Procedure SW Install - Mac - Adobe Air.xml

Here is the Adobe Air procedure. If anyone wants to use it they will need to change the path to the disk image.

• Nice. Thanks for the followup.

• Procedure SW Install - Mac - Adobe Flash Player.xml

Here is the Flash procedure. It will close all browsers and system preferences since Flash will not install if those are open.