Kaseya Community

creating outlook profiles automatically

This question is not answered

We are going to be setting up a new exchange server for a customer and need to set up either a new profile in outlook or add another account to their existing profile with all of the information already plugged in.

I am not sure which way would be easiest but I would like to automate this if possible. Has anyone had any luck with this?

All Replies
  • BTW, this is using Outlook 2007 with an Exchange 2010 server.

• I would suggest some sleuthing at http://www.slipstick.com. Check out Outlook "PRF" files. Another option may be Active Directory Group Policies.

• Zippo's got it right Outlook PRF files is the way to go I have done this myself a few years back when I helped with a large domain migration and I have used it with Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 on Windows machines.

An easy way to do it is to make it part of the login script for the account make it check if the PRF file exists under the user's profile folder and if not make it copy the file and execute the import PRF command to create the profile. Next time they login it won't recreate the profile again because the PRF file exists and if you need to recreate the profile for a user simply delete the PRF file under their user profile.

With a bit more work you can also make the PRF file backup the existing Outlook profile name if you intend to replace it or just add email server setting to an existing Outlook Profile. Just keep in mind that you can't have more then one Exchange connection configured for a Outlook Profile.