Kaseya Community

Is there a simple procedure to output service information?

This question is answered

Is it possible to iterate through Windows Services, using Kaseya, to get a list of what network credentials Windows Services are running as? Basically the report would need to list three columns:

SERVER NAME                   SERVICE NAME                 DOMAIN ACCOUNT

Could this be accomplished using the built in reporting features of Kaseya or would this be something i would have to script? I have tried to see some commands i could run but nothing returns the account associated with the service.

If anyone has a procedure that they use or know of a command that would help me acquire this info, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Procedure Audit - Windows Services.zip

Here you go (see attached procedure) and no additional executable files required Smile

Example Output:

Name                                          StartName                                    SystemName 
    AdobeARMservice                       LocalSystem                                 ACMEPC       
    AeLookupSvc                              localSystem                                   ACMEPC   
    ALG                                            NT AUTHORITY\LocalService        ACMEPC      
    aspnet_state                                NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService    ACMEPC

All Replies
  • not a perfect solution, but you could use psservice.exe from sysinternals. run 'psservice account > log.txt' to dump the data, then use standard scripting to read the log and do whatever you need with it.

• Procedure Audit - Windows Services.zip

Here you go (see attached procedure) and no additional executable files required Smile

Example Output:

Name                                          StartName                                    SystemName 
    AdobeARMservice                       LocalSystem                                 ACMEPC       
    AeLookupSvc                              localSystem                                   ACMEPC   
    ALG                                            NT AUTHORITY\LocalService        ACMEPC      
    aspnet_state                                NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService    ACMEPC

• Nice one, HardKnoX...

• That worked out well hard knox. I believe that chart71's answer would work as well, thanks for both of your replies!

After posting this problem on here, one of the engineers presented to me a vbscript for which i wrote a procedure to execute. It exported the file to a csv file which allowed for some nice sorting. If you are interested i would not mind sharing it with you guys, to see our approach.

Thanks again everyone!

• Matt S.

I would be interesed in the vbscript to output csv file, sorting is always helpful.  Too much info to try to keep in SQL Audit table.  

Thanks

Frank Barden

Net Pros, LLC

• Enumerate Services.zip

Attached is a zip file containing the procedure that I wrote and the VB Script that it calls on to do its task.