Is it possible to iterate
through Windows Services, using Kaseya, to get a list of what network
credentials Windows Services are running as? Basically the report would need to
list three columns:
Could this be accomplished using the built in reporting features of Kaseya or would this be something i would have to script? I have tried to see some commands i could run but nothing returns the account associated with the service.
If anyone has a procedure that they use or know of a command that would help me acquire this info, it would be greatly appreciated.
Here you go (see attached procedure) and no additional executable files required
Name StartName SystemName AdobeARMservice LocalSystem ACMEPC AeLookupSvc localSystem ACMEPC ALG NT AUTHORITY\LocalService ACMEPC aspnet_state NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService ACMEPC
not a perfect solution, but you could use psservice.exe from sysinternals. run 'psservice account > log.txt' to dump the data, then use standard scripting to read the log and do whatever you need with it.
Nice one, HardKnoX...
That worked out well hard knox. I believe that chart71's answer would work as well, thanks for both of your replies!
After posting this problem on here, one of the engineers presented to me a vbscript for which i wrote a procedure to execute. It exported the file to a csv file which allowed for some nice sorting. If you are interested i would not mind sharing it with you guys, to see our approach.
Thanks again everyone!
I would be interesed in the vbscript to output csv file, sorting is always helpful. Too much info to try to keep in SQL Audit table.
Net Pros, LLC
Attached is a zip file containing the procedure that I wrote and the VB Script that it calls on to do its task.