Kaseya Community

Get directory path in registry

• Im trying to get the directory path from a 64 bit reg key. 

The key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Software\GFI Business Agent\InstallPath

However the script fails each time it hits that line but I can't see why. The reg key is there and there's a value in the key in question.

Any ideas why it might fail on that line?

Olly

• Could you post the error message? Is it possible that, as the key contains spaces, it might need to be enclosed in quotes? I can't see how you're using it in your script as you didn't post it so not sure...

• error = invalid parameter "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Software\GFI Business Agent\InstallPath"

• @Olly Are you using the "Get Variable" with the "64-Bit Registry Value" step option or just the "Registry Value" step option?

If you are using "Registry Value" step option try the "64-Bit Registry Value" step option instead.

• I'm also having the same issue.  I can test the registry value fine but the value is a path and fails the get variable.  I've ran a number of different tests against this and from what I can tell, it appears to be something with the formatting of the path data in the value.  Is there anything that would prevent the data from being captured because it contains a : or a \ for example?