Kaseya Community

Exchange 203/2007/2010 Mailbox Size Script

• I know there were a lot of posts in the past about this but i couldn't find any recent threads with a working script... most of the threads are from 2007 so it'd be hard to get those started up again...

Anyone have a WORKING script that outputs mailbox sizes for exchange 2003/2007/2010 (if it only works for 2007 and 2010 that's ok too).

Also, is there any way of telling it to only show mailboxes over 3GB?

• yes I have one that uses a powershell script I found and then emails the the tech when it finishes.  I believe it works with 2007 and 2010 but not 2003.  Is this of interest?

• exchange_mailbox_info.zip

Hello,

zip file attached which has procedure and powershell script from, 'the scripting guys'.  The powershell file needs added to your shared files area on your kserver.

In the powershell you need to make an amendment to the script that points to your kaseya temp directory location.  In my case its: c:\kworking.  Apart from that the rest is automated.

Oh and you need to run on an exchange server.  Would love to develop this to put error control in to check the email input but it's beyond me.

Let me know if it works for you?

Thanks 

• just realised this script is for exchange 2010

I will post the 2007/2010 version later.

• Nice one NIKNAKS.  Have been fighting with Powershell to come up with something like this to no avail.

• Thanks NIKNAKS!!! This is exactly what i was looking for (as long as it works...).

If you can post the 2007/2010 that be great

• I testing it on an exchange 2010 and looks like its working!!!

If this script were to run on a non-exchange server or different version of exchange would it cause any issues to the server or script would just fail?

• Niknaks, can you post the other scripts??

• sorry etabush, been on holidays and when I wasnt I was sneaking an hour here and there with another script that allows me to set global footers on exchange servers, I will post that as well if its of interest.

Will have to work on the exchange script for 2007 - Will post when I find it.

• No problem. Ya post the other script too, would be very helpful

• OK etabush try this and let me know how you get on.

hash out the line that references .E2010 and add the new line shown below.

add-pssnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin -ea 0

This worked for me on both 2007 and 2010 exchange servers.  Can anyone help with smarting the script up?

• I can confirm that this change indeed work on both 2007 and 2010.

Thank you!

/Nicklas

• Yep tried it to. Thanks

• nice script! works great!

• Hi there

I have tested on two servers and both of them Has failed in step 7 of the procedure. I have modified the file according to your instructions. Any advice?

Regards