Kaseya Community

A script that disables adobe acrobat/flash update window?

•  

Hello,

I'm trying to disable the adobe flash and acrobat update window. I'm updating flash with a script, but the adobe update window comes up anyway. Because there is a new update and the script haven't started yet. 

Is there anyone who have solved this question? Or maybe got a tip to me? Tried using regshot and kaseyas packager, without any luck. And I can disable the update window manually, but I don't have the time to do that on over 1000 computers. 

Thanks,

• Adobe Reader

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\FeatureLockDown
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockDown
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\8.0\FeatureLockDown
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\FeatureLockDown
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0\FeatureLockDown

bUpdater (REG_DWORD) = 0

Adobe Flash

kb2.adobe.com/.../16701594.html

www.adobe.com/.../flash_player_admin_guide.html

%WINDIR%\System32\Macromed\Flash\MMS.cfg

Add the following value to the MMS.cfg file

AutoUpdateDisable = 1

[edited by: HardKnoX at 3:10 PM (GMT -7) on 10-27-2011] blah blah
  • Wow, thanks Hardknox. Amazing!

One question, Adobe Reader regkey doesn't exist. Tried to apply that on my own machine (windows 7) but the it still want to update. Does it really work?

Btw, adobe flash worked awesome.

• I use the exact same regkeys, and have not had a problem with Reader attempting to update. One thing that you might want to check is if the AdobeARM.exe process is running on your computer. When I run my install file for Adobe Reader X, I have a switch that is set for DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 that takes care of this for me, and I think you might be running into a conflict between Adobe ARM and the AdobeUpdater. The AdobeARM.exe is a program that is in the startup in MSCONFIG. I hope this helps.

• A quick google search and here is a step by step example that you could use for Adobe Reader;

blog.wisefaq.com/.../disabling-acrobat-reader-updates

@jchamness That install switch should be useful

• Procedure Config Disable Adobe Acrobat Reader Updater.xml

Here's a complete procedure to stop acrobat updates