Kaseya Community

How to use blank in views

• Hi, I am trying to create a view to show machines where the contents of a custom field "Antivirus product" where the content is  - Antivirus Product Not Found , 'blank', or  unknown. I'm having a problem with the blank I've tried a few combinations and cant get it I haven't any problems with "Antivirus Product Not Found" OR "unknown" - this returns correct results but if I try "Antivirus Product Not Found" OR "unknown OR "" (or various different combinations) I usually get all machines returned.

I'm sure I'm just missing something simple here.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks,

Mat

• Have the fields that are empty ever had any data in them?  I ask as the way that I've seen the data in custom fields stored is that if you don't put anything in the field, unlike most databases where it will create a nul field, the ksubscribers database doesn't attach the field to the record.

What about trying NOT LIKE "Antivirus Product Not Found" or similar I often use these types of query in views.

• Hi Alistair, thanks for that. In the end I tried (""  OR "Antivirus Product Not Found") OR "unknown" as 'I think' I've realised it doesn't like you using OR twice without the brackets. There might also be a problem as you mentioned with the Null field not being created but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

cheers,

Mat