Kaseya Community

Script to remove Trend Micro

• I am looking to create a script that will uninstall trend micro from computers (windows xp, windows 7, 32bit, and 64bit).

The steps the script needs to take is first change a registry key to allow for the uninstall without a password (dont know which registry key this is).

Then i need a program that will do the uninstall (preferably do it silently).

Can someone help?

• this script is in the kaseya script pack

• Have tried that one but it doesnt work all the time.

I found a program that i can use to uninstall trend but the only thing im missing is the registry key that i need to change that allows for the uninstall. I know a lot of people have posted this for Trend PC Cillin but my clients dont have this version of Trend. My clients use "Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Agent." Anyone know the registry key i need to change to allow for the uninstall?

• HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc

“Allow Uninstall”

and set the value to 1. You should now be able to uninstall Trend Micro without being prompted for a password.

• This is only if you have the PC-cillin version of Trend (or home version). We use the business version of it

• It's the same I believe. We use the corp version as well. This is what I have in the KB from a recent Trend WFS uninstall...

1. Go to Start > Run, then type "Regedit".

2. Go to this registry hive:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PCcillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc

Or go here:

32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TrendMicro

64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro

3. On the right pane, look for "Allow Uninstall" and set its value to "1".      

4. Close the registry editor.

5. Uninstall the client via Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.

• I think its different for each version of trend because i looked on one client's computer and i found the registry key your refering to but im looking at a different clients computer also with trendmicro and under the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro" the only folders are AEGIS, AMSP, AMSPStatus, AMSPTest, NSC, UniClient, Vizor, and Wofie.

• This has changed I think. Now to uninstall, you need to edit the "AUTOPCC.ini" file and change Uninstall=0 and SilentUninstall=0 both to 1.

Then just run AutoPCC.exe and it will remove Trend instead of installing it.

There's a logon script here to do it: esupport.trendmicro.com/.../1055142.aspx

But you can just as easily write a Kaseya script to run AutoPcc.exe once you've edited the INI file.

• Is the content pack still valid?  I cannot download the server binaries sent in the email after clicking through the link above.  I get a 404 error.

• I could not find anything that worked for Worry-free business security advanced but this:   Downloaded the tool from esupport.trendmicro.com/.../1057237.aspx

then schedule to run the uninstall batch files from network share.  Think I'll put this on my VSA as it's likely to be needed again in the future.

• I edited the batch file to exclude the pause...so it will run without user intervention.

• Can this be made into a kaseya script and run silently?

• Of course.  The easiest and quickest thing I did (I was in a hurry and having a very difficult time removing the corporate worry-free advanced from some machines...it simply wouldn't come off the usual way which is from the server itself or add/remove programs)  So, I edited uninstall.bat , and removed the PAUSE wherever it appeared and also,  then I made two versions...one that retained the PROMPTING about rebooting the machine yes/no....the other that simply forced a reboot after 5 min...just increase the time on the /t switch...  zip it up and put it on my VSA... then pushed it out locally , via simple script to each machine , because it doesn't like to run off UNC path as I discovered.

All in all, it only takes a few minutes to do.   I had originally written a script that was basically just deleting all the registry keys that were outlined in the instructions for manually removing it.   It worked as well.   But this might be more thorough and easier to implement.  

• I tried using this trend removal tool and it partially worked.

Prior to running it there were 5 different trend micro services running. Now there is only "Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent"

Anyone have other tips for uninstalling trend micro silently via script?

• Procedure Trend Micro Uninstall tool.xml

Try using esupport.trendmicro.com/.../1057237.aspx

I stumbled on this when I was trying to uninstall from a machine that failed to uninstall (even though I had the password).  I have used this tool to uninstall on several machines and it worked well.  It gets around the password.

I have a script that will automatically run it and write the log file back to your Kserver.  You just need to extract the files to c:\kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSASharedFiles\TrendMicro_Uninstall on your Kserver before running the script