Kaseya Community

Procedure To check for File Existence

This question is answered

Hey all. I know there is a way to run a procedure to check for the existence of a specific file. Is there a way to set this up to send me an email with the computer name that this comes up as positive. We have several hundred machines this will run on so being able to have it return the result as the computer name would be ideal. 

Verified Answer
  • You can put the machine name in the email subject or body using the #vMachine.Machine_GroupID# variable.  e.g. in the subject put "file was found on #vMachine.Machine_GroupID#"

All Replies
  • There is a built in check for the existence of a file in agent procedures.  Create a new procedure and press "NEW IF", then select the condition "test file".  You can then send an email if the file exists

• Yeah I have been able to get the procedure to work to check for a file and also have kaseya send me an email, but the email simply comes back as whatever I have put into the text box, rather than emailing with the computer name that it came up positive on. I would like to be able to have it send me an email with the computer name that the file exists on, which I can not figure out if it is possible.

• You can put the machine name in the email subject or body using the #vMachine.Machine_GroupID# variable.  e.g. in the subject put "file was found on #vMachine.Machine_GroupID#"

• Perfect. That did the trick. Thanks a ton Eddy, you were a great help.