Kaseya Community

System Checks - Ping Test

•  

I have setup up some system checks to ping IP addresses of some managed firewalls. When the alarm triggers, I run an Agent Procedure to ping the IP address of the firewall every 5 mins and to report up or down.  The script just loops until the host is up and an email alert is sent confirming that the host is back online.

All good so far..

I have a couple of questions.  How can I check that the ping test agent procedure is running?  I do not want the script to run if the system check re-arms and the pingtest agent procedure is already running?

Secondly, if there a way to pass the IP address from my system check to the Agent Procedure as a variable.  I am trying to avoid creating 100+ different scripts for each device I am testing.

And..  Another one... Why does the system check not have the ability to report that a host is back online.  Surely this is basic functionality and I would expect it 'out of the box'

Am pretty new to Kaseya and agent procedures so apologies for anything blatant that I have missed.

Cheers

• Anybody help m??

• For your IP address variable, think you can use <p1>:

<p1> address checked

<p2> additional parameter

<sc> system check type

<scn> System Check custom name

use them in your procedure as

#p1# address checked

#p2# additional parameter

#sc# system check type

#scn# System Check custom name