Kaseya Community

Why If TRUE?

This question is answered

I'm not a programmer, so excuse me if this is a noob question.  Some of the agent procedures I have seen start with If TRUE as the first step.  What is the reason for this?

Verified Answer
  • It's a holdover from the old scripting engine. In Kaseya 5 and under, all scripts started with an IF step. If you didn't have anything to check, you just ran "IF TRUE" and went on to write the rest of your script. In those days, it was only possible to have a single IF...ELSE statement in a script, so if you needed to check something mid-script, you wrote another script and called it from the original. Starting with IF TRUE is not necessary these days.

All Replies
  • It's a holdover from the old scripting engine. In Kaseya 5 and under, all scripts started with an IF step. If you didn't have anything to check, you just ran "IF TRUE" and went on to write the rest of your script. In those days, it was only possible to have a single IF...ELSE statement in a script, so if you needed to check something mid-script, you wrote another script and called it from the original. Starting with IF TRUE is not necessary these days.

• Thanks, Alex!