Kaseya Community

Cannot edit/view some scripts anymore

This question is answered

When I logged in to my K2 6.1 today I was unable to edit or view some of my procedures with the error:

"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Happens with some of my own procedures, and with some of the Sample Scripts such as "Run Windows Disk Cleanup Utility".

Reapplying schema now.. See what happens.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Nicklas

Verified Answer
  • My problem seem to have disappeared now. Guess the hotfix from 27-May fixed it:

27-May-11 6.1 Hotfix 19932 - CS056122, Cs055975, CS055952, CS055929 - Fixed some issues with editing scripts. MessageSys\Hotfix\Kaseya.ScriptEngine.pdb

27-May-11 6.1 Hotfix 19931 - CS056122, Cs055975, CS055952, CS055929 - Fixed some issues with editing scripts. MessageSys\Hotfix\Kaseya.ScriptEngine.dll

Thanks,

Nicklas

All Replies
  • Update:

No go after reapplying schema.

Tried exporting and then importing procedure but I still get the same error.

The script runs fine on scheduled machines, and I can run it manually with the "Run now" button.

//n.

• Update 2:

The problem lies within the "Test Registry Key" IF-statement.

If i try to create a new procedure with only a "Test Registry Key", or "Test 64-bit Registry Key", I get this error.

Any one else?

//n.

• i had this yesterday I was working on a script and when I save and run it i would get this error - the script in question required the admin to enter data after it was run. I would have to close out of it and then run it again and it would work but was very annoying just kept happening.

have not been at them today so not sure if still there. script was very basic too and no errors in the script.

• ok so update is its still happening - I needed to work on a script but now when I edit I just get that error and it won't open the script.

• Same here. Every script containing Test Registry Key has this error, and I can't edit them.

[edited by: Nicklas at 2:43 AM (GMT -7) on 5-27-2011] misspelled
  • did you lot a ticket I just did there.

• is it fixed Nicklas? mine seems to be and I noticed some updates for agent procedures on Friday.

• I am a SAAS user and I'm experiencing this issue. I can export my scripts and modify them using a text editor, then I can successfully re-import them. They appear to be running properly, but I can't edit or review them within the web interface. It seems to have just started last week.

I'm not sure about the registry test because some scripts I have with this test work and others do not. I opened both side by side in the editor and confirmed they are exactly the same in syntax for that test. I suppose I should open a ticket.

• what is the error message that you guys are getting?

• "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I've submitted a ticket and they are now taking a look at my exported XML.

• My problem seem to have disappeared now. Guess the hotfix from 27-May fixed it:

27-May-11 6.1 Hotfix 19932 - CS056122, Cs055975, CS055952, CS055929 - Fixed some issues with editing scripts. MessageSys\Hotfix\Kaseya.ScriptEngine.pdb

27-May-11 6.1 Hotfix 19931 - CS056122, Cs055975, CS055952, CS055929 - Fixed some issues with editing scripts. MessageSys\Hotfix\Kaseya.ScriptEngine.dll

Thanks,

Nicklas

• Well supposedly SAAS customers get hotfixes on Thursday nights, so we missed this one. It sounds likely that it will fix my issue...I'll look for that on Friday I guess.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one though...Thanks.