Kaseya Community

Script for office templates windows 7 users

• Good Afternoon. I am looking for some help with a script for copying office templates to windows 7 users.  We had no issues with XP as the templates were in a different location now that they are in the users profile directory seems to be a bit more challenging..  Any help would be great.

Thanks

• Are you using the desktop migration tool?

if using a script use the options for run on "windows xp" "win 7" etc...

C:\Documents and Settings\ user name \Application Data\Microsoft\Templates = XP locations so that part would say run on "Windows xp"

C:\Users\ user name \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates = win 7 location so that part would say run on "win 7"

• Ok I know the path how can I make it work for the username to place the files properly in a script. I have the desktop migration tool so if I can use that how is that done?  Thanks

• via script use the %userprofile% is should work.

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming......... < should work in agent procedures.

You could even add a test statement like

New If > User is logged in.... < that should give you a way to ensure that someone is really logged in before you try installing it for a user.

if you do this don't impersonate any users, run the procedure as the user logged in and you should be fine.

As for the desktop migration tool, I need to figure that one out, we bought the plugin for Kaseya but I've not messed around with it yet. I was going to ask you a few questions about it :D

NOTE: if you're going to use the file distribution method to push this out, it doesn't accept environment variables... so %userprofile% is not going to work. You'll need to list in full the path to place the file in.