Kaseya Community

Disabling Action Center Flag in Windows 7

This question is not answered
All Replies
  • Does anyone know how to disable the Action Center flag in Windows 7?  We have tried modifying the registry by adding the following key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\HideSCAHealth dword:00000001

We can manually create the "Explorer" key as the logged on user just not with Kaseya.  We can import the reg key that we created that imports the value just not thru Kaseya.  Even running as current logged on user won't work.

Users are seeing the alerts and downloading all Windows updates which are not all approved via Kasyea.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

• Wonderful that I have to reply to my thread to actually get text to show up in the forum.

• I'd recommend creating a batch or vbscript that sits on the local machine (or gets copied to it temporarily), and executing that via kaseya while the primary user (or user who you want to adjust settings for) logged in.

• The easiest way (if your customer has a domain) is to set the Group Policy "Disable Action Center" on the DC.

If not, there is an equal setting in gpedit.msc that sets this policy.

If that's the case, I would use RegMon to see which key the policy changes, and then create the procedure.

Note that some of these settings require a reboot/logon cycle in order to work.

/Nicklas

• No need to use RegMon (Process Monitor). See Group Policy Reference here: www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

• I did it through a couple reg keys and disabling a service .. works like a charm in connection with disabling Windows Updates through patch management in Kaseya.

• Glen can you post your script?