Kaseya Community

Reading Custom field with script?

This question is answered

Hello, I'm trying to read the values in some custom fields i have created, with no luck. The old #sqlview.column# isn't working.

Is there a special way to reference these fields with a script?

I've just updated to 6.1 and doesn't appear to work here either.

Read the documentation and there' a view with vSystemInfoManual, but using the normal syntax i dont see a way to get the value out.

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Verified Answer
  • Hi Dan,

I had issue with this when i first tried as well.

I had to make sure there was no space in my custom field. in my case i was recording tpm information so mine was called TPM and i referenced it as a variable in a script by using #vSystemInfoManual.TPM#

All Replies
  • Hi Dan,

I had issue with this when i first tried as well.

I had to make sure there was no space in my custom field. in my case i was recording tpm information so mine was called TPM and i referenced it as a variable in a script by using #vSystemInfoManual.TPM#

• id be very interested in the results of this.  let us know how you go.

Obviously they have changed how custom columns are stored in the database.  Some areas of the Kaseya GUI cant see the custom fields (ie Machine Summary) but other areas can (agent status).

I have alot of custom SQL stuff going on in our setup and I had to make my own 'view' to be able to see all the custom columns correctly.  So I wouldn't be surprised if these functions get broken as they are NOT in the old views anymore.

Let us know how you get on.

• Mine had a space in it so this is what i used - Tested ok in v6.1.0.0

Get Variable - SQL View Data - vSystemInfoManual/Last Backup Status

Simply using #vSystemInfoManual.Last Backup Status# did NOT work for me.

Thankyou Lingario, looks like we worked out a way for getting the value both with, and without spaces.

Dan