Kaseya Community

Problem running an EXE from a script runs fine with logged on user

This question is answered

Hi all,

I wrote an application today using Auto IT, have been working on it for two days and then to get to the final hurdle and crash bang - so my head is wrecked.

I wrote an agent procedure that drops a directory to the machine and then runs the exe.

I have tried run as system / run as user - I have tried execute file and execute shell command.

i kind of figured it was the fact that it was running as system so to check I got an exe called runassystem from the web and I get the same results.

i then did an impersonate domain admin user and then tried to execute file / execute shell command but it will not run.

If I log onto the box using the same username and run the exe it is fine -  pops into task mgr and away she goes.

Any ideas - my head is wrecked and its 9pm at night.

cheers

Verified Answer
  • Thanks I got it sorted just before I fell off the chair - turned out to be nothing to do with the kaseya end for some reason when run as system it would not read local paths correctly so I had to specify the full path name.

Application was made to monitor automatic services on a server, going to use it to replace the kaseya monitoring of services as I can add global and local exceptions.

All Replies
  • What does the application do that you want to run?

• Thanks I got it sorted just before I fell off the chair - turned out to be nothing to do with the kaseya end for some reason when run as system it would not read local paths correctly so I had to specify the full path name.

Application was made to monitor automatic services on a server, going to use it to replace the kaseya monitoring of services as I can add global and local exceptions.