Kaseya Community

Procedure to Logoff current user

• does anyone have a procedure to log off current users?

• It is really just 1 step. I use "Execute File" on %windir%\system32\logoff.exe and select to run it as the current user instead of system account.

• I guess this isn't working anymore with Win8? :)

• I tested it on Win8 just now and it worked fine for me. If you have a problem with the step send us over a ticket and support will check it out.

• It is really just 1 step. I use "Execute File" on %windir%\system32\logoff.exe and select to run it as the current user instead of system account.

This will only work in windows 8 IF it's at the DESKTOP. If not then kausrtsk.exe does not run and therefore you cannot run something as the "Current user"

This has other implications for agent procedures too, as you can't have a popup that the user can see unless they are at the DESKTOP.

This issue is with development

SVE-277

• There are issues with this procedure. First up, if on a terminal server, how does it know which user to log off? there may be 20 or 30 sessions or more....

Secondly, even in Win7, I can use the 'switch user' feature and have two or 3 or more users logged in concurrently (but only one active session). In this case, not sure what happens with kausrtsk.exe - but I suspect that, at best, the current user will be logged off, but not the other sessions.

I would suggest you may need to use something like QUERYUSER to get a list of sessions, then issue LOGOFF X, where X = the session number, to log each active user out.

• The step was never intended to offer robust support for logging off specific users of a terminal server or multiple users of a desktop. By design it will execute on whatever user currently has the agent icon loaded for their session. Kaseya currently only supports the system tray icon running for one user at a time on a given agent. If you'd like to see multiple agent icons running for multiple user sessions that would probably best sent in as a feature request.