Kaseya Community

Keyboard/mouse macro scripting?

• Maybe this is a dumb question, but I thought I'd check: Kaseya doesn't have any way to interact with the user interface of software it launches, does it?

I'm looking for a way to upgrade Oracle clients, and it's looking like a hightly interactive process. MSIEXEC isn't involved at all. And I'm really not comfortable with trying to use the Installer Application Deploy wizard for something like this.

Looks like it's pretty well back to interactive sessions, right?

/kenw

Legacy Forum Name: Keyboard/mouse macro scripting?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • Ken Wallewein
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but I thought I'd check: Kaseya doesn't have any way to interact with the user interface of software it launches, does it?

I'm looking for a way to upgrade Oracle clients, and it's looking like a hightly interactive process. MSIEXEC isn't involved at all. And I'm really not comfortable with trying to use the Installer Application Deploy wizard for something like this.

Looks like it's pretty well back to interactive sessions, right?

/kenw

I wouldnt use appdeploy for something like this either... I think most people use AutoIT for that sort of thing... It might also be worth checking with oracle to see if there are any switch that can be used for automating/streamlining the processs... most major vendors will have thought of things like that...

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya2 Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Great answer. Thanks!

/kenw

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya2 Scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein