Kaseya Community

Security - Adobe Security Advisory CVE-2010-1297

• Description: The procedure is a direct response to Adobe Security Advisory CVE-2010-1297 located here: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa10-01.html. This procedure will remove the file authplay.dll in the Adobe Reader directory if present. To be fully protected you should ensure that the clients have Adobe Flash Player v10.1

Kaseya customer value: Procedure to secure clients.

End user value: Limiting the risks for malware and virus attacks, downtime and data loss.

Dependencies: None.

Usage: Run at any given time. During the process IE and Firefox will be closed. Any other web browser can be added in separate IF statements. Please note that embedded Flash in PDF documents will be broken when this security fix is applied. Notify 1:st level support.

Legacy Forum Name: Security - Adobe Security Advisory CVE-2010-1297,
    Legacy Posted By Username: eron
  • Minor change (well, maybe not that minor) in the install parameter. The option "/S" for silent has been removed and replaced with "-install". I have updated the procedure. Just copy and paste again.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya2 Scripts,
  • I have not completed update to K2 and would like a script for this issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: jankrum@bankersequipment.com
  • Hi all. I have updated the procedure to ignore update to Adobe Flash 10.1 RC7. The Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is out. The procedure will just remove the affected DLL file Adobe Reader.

• jankrum@bankersequipment.com
    I have not completed update to K2 and would like a script for this issue.

Sorry, I do not have the 5.1 installation up and running. But I have extracted the procedure. It should be easy to just copy paste in 5.1

Please be aware that you should do multiple steps for both Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP as they are the affected systems. Do not just run "All Windows".

Good luck!

Get URL: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9735564
    Path on local drive: #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\50459.msi

Execute command shell: msiexec /i #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\50459.msi /qn

Pause script a minute or so.

Remove the file: #vAgentConfiguration.agentTempDir#\50459.msi

Enter something in the log procedure: Microsoft Security Advisory 2219475 applied.