Kaseya Community

Script for virtual memory

• Dear all,
    My boss has asked if there is a way to monitor or create a script that will notify us when a system goes into virtual memory. I personally do not know if this is possible. If you guys/girls have any idea's or know how to set this up please help me?

Legacy Forum Name: Script for virtual memory,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Leegustafson
  • Don't use a script, create a monitoring set. Check out some of the default desktop health sets for ideas, but what you're looking for is likely the Paging File object, % Usage counter, _Total instance. You can set that to alarm if the pagefile is more than 30% in use for 10 minutes (or something along those lines). Keep in mind that there will likely always be some pagefile usage reported here even when the PC is doing nothing, so you wouldn't want to set your threshold to zero.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • arobar
    Don't use a script, create a monitoring set. Check out some of the default desktop health sets for ideas, but what you're looking for is likely the Paging File object, % Usage counter, _Total instance. You can set that to alarm if the pagefile is more than 30% in use for 10 minutes (or something along those lines). Keep in mind that there will likely always be some pagefile usage reported here even when the PC is doing nothing, so you wouldn't want to set your threshold to zero.

Thank you I will try to create a monitor set

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Leegustafson