Kaseya Community

Kaseya view of 32 bit vs 64 bit applications installed

This question is answered

I've been asked to create a Kaseya view that will show any computers that have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office applications installed on the same computer.  I know I can create a view that says (For example) look for Word.exe, version XYZ but is there a way to add an AND into that query to look for a second executable?  I'm also not sure if there's a way for it to tell, once it finds the file, whether that is a 64 bit or 32 bit program.  Does anyone have any ideas that could help me out?  Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • @brian.havey,  I don't think it is possible to have both 32 and 64-bit versions of Office installed at the same time, which will likely simplify things.    We have a script that will audit Office for you and then allow you to generate a report.   I will post the link shortly, or PM me if you need it sooner.

Here is the link:  https://clubmsp.com/msp/scripts/audit-microsoft-office-version/

Anticipating your next question... "How do I get a report?" -  Here is a video on how to get a report using Agent Procedure Tags. https://virtualadministrator.com/sfs/ReportwithTags.mp4

Free download, enjoy!

Added tag report link
    [edited by: Chris Amori at 10:29 AM (GMT -8) on Nov 22, 2019]
All Replies
  • I would use Info Center to create a report. I used this to find out who had Office what version of Office installed.

What's installed in C:\Program Files vs. C:\Program Files (x86)

Let me know if you need instructions. 

k
    [edited by: donald.eck at 11:11 AM (GMT -8) on Nov 21, 2019]
  • If you have any instructions on Info Center, that would be great.  I have never used this function in Kaseya before.  Thank you.

• You'll need to change variables and keep working at it. It might take a few tries to get the results. Please let me know if you have questions alone the way.

How to create a report to view software that’s been installed.

Info Center > Reports

Right Click ‘myReports…’ - New > Report

Click on the Category and Custom Reports. In this example it will be Software and ***New Custom Report***

Click - Next

Fill in - Name*/ Description

Layout (tab) > Audit > Microsoft Office Add/Remove Programs (double click to expand)

Drag and drop Add / Remove Programs into a box or one that of options listed.

Select the report type: Chart / Bar graph / Pie graph /List

Click Save

Click Configure (Gear Icon) to configure what data you’d like displayed in the pie chart.

Layout

Title - Enter a title. This is required.

Description - What results are produced?

Format

Choose the way you’d like to the Pie Chart to appear.

Data Properties

Category*: - Application Name - Alias (Blank)

Value: - Application Name - Alias: - Total Aggregate: COUNT

Order By

You can add new columns to show the desired results.

Click Next

Filtering

Row Filter

Advanced Filter

Field

In this example we’ll use Application Name

Operator

Use Like or Equal (=) and enter in the Value(s)

Use Not Like to exclude results.

Value

Enter the value.

Click Configure (Gear Icon) to configure what data you’d like displayed in the Table.

Select Columns

Title - Enter a title. This is required.

Description - What results are produced?

Format – Make adjustments as needed.

Columns – Drag and drop from the list.

Column Selections – Order and delete rows.

Ordering and Grouping

Filtering

In this example we’ll use Application Name

Operator

Use Like or Equal (=) and enter in the Value(s)

Use Not Like to exclude results.

Note: Make sure to include the exact matches for both Like / Equal / Not Like…ect.

Value

Enter the value.

Click Finish.

Right-click to run report.

Data Filters – Organization and Machine Group 

• Bit messy but could do this.

Create 2 custom Fields called e.g. 64BitApps and a 2nd called 32BitApps

Then create 2 views .. 1 that filters on your 32Bit Apps , and then a 2nd view for the 64Bit Apps

Then create an Agent procedure that Populates Custom field "64BitApps" with e.g. "Yes"

And a 2nd Agent procedure that Populates Custom field "32BitApps" with e.g. "Yes"

Now create 2 Policies that deploy the Procedures based on the views

What you end up with is your endpoints having either 1 or 2 or both of the Custom fields populated

So now you can create a 3rd View that uses an advanced filter where both the 2 customer fields = "Yes"

I.e. these are the machines that have both 32 and 64bit apps installed

Bit messy .. but will work

• @brian.havey,  I don't think it is possible to have both 32 and 64-bit versions of Office installed at the same time, which will likely simplify things.    We have a script that will audit Office for you and then allow you to generate a report.   I will post the link shortly, or PM me if you need it sooner.

Here is the link:  https://clubmsp.com/msp/scripts/audit-microsoft-office-version/

Anticipating your next question... "How do I get a report?" -  Here is a video on how to get a report using Agent Procedure Tags. https://virtualadministrator.com/sfs/ReportwithTags.mp4

Free download, enjoy!

Added tag report link
    [edited by: Chris Amori at 10:29 AM (GMT -8) on Nov 22, 2019]
  • I believe Chris Amori is correct regarding the viability of having both bit versions installed on one machine (docs.microsoft.com/.../ee691831(v=office.14)). At a minimum, it's not supported, but of course that has nothing to do with whether people will try it. The things I've seen....

Brian-- if you run the report and see instances where both are present, it would be interesting to hear back on this thread.

• Chris, thank you for that script and video on the reporting! It was exactly the details I needed to provide to our CTO that there was not a single device on our network that had both 32 and 64 bit version of Office installed.  I did find out a little more detail about what prompted this report request though. There was one laptop that had an older 64 bit version of Visio installed but had MS Office 2016 32 bit installed.  Not sure how that was possible if I hadn't seen it for myself. Again, thanks for your help!

• , glad it worked for you!      I think Microsoft sees Visio as an outlier so, it sounds plausible that it might have a 64-bit version but still 32-bit Office itself.