Kaseya Community

Help with a Public desktop icon that opens in Chrome

This question is answered
chrome.jpg

Hello, I am new to scripting in Kaseya and would appreciate any suggestions to what I may be missing here. Thank you.

I am trying to create a script that puts an icon on all computers Public desktop that will open our intranet home page in Chrome.  I have created the icon on my desktop and it works correctly but I'm running into 2 problems when i try to push it out through the script. I can also copy this icon manually to another user's computer and it will open correctly.  The main problem I am running into is after the icon is pushed out and I open it, I get the Windows prompt asking me what program i want to use to open this with.  Now if i select Chrome from the list, it will then open the correct website in Chrome.  It will not save that change though and the next time I click the icon, it asks again.  The secondary problem is the icon graphic that i have used for this shortcut did not copy over to the kaseya-pushed icon even though I saved the graphic in the same C:temp folder on the target computer that i have the icon saved on my computer. (not sure if that is the right process for that though)

My original icon has this verbiage in the Target field  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://brooks.myintranet.com and the Start in field has "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application"

Below is a screenshot of the script. I've also added the jpg as an attachment in case this screenshot is not easily viewable.

Verified Answer
  • I had to do something similar but with IE.  I created the shortcut itself on my computer with the target info.  Then I zipped it and put that into Kaseya.  My procedure writes the zip to the target computer and then unzips it to the public desktop.  I had to do it that way because we're using a custom icon for the shortcut so I had to also write that to the target computer too.  So my zip has my icon file and the shortcut file, writes to a temp dir, copies the icon file to a folder on the target that's listed in the shortcut, then writes the shortcut to the public desktop.

All Replies
  • I had to do something similar but with IE.  I created the shortcut itself on my computer with the target info.  Then I zipped it and put that into Kaseya.  My procedure writes the zip to the target computer and then unzips it to the public desktop.  I had to do it that way because we're using a custom icon for the shortcut so I had to also write that to the target computer too.  So my zip has my icon file and the shortcut file, writes to a temp dir, copies the icon file to a folder on the target that's listed in the shortcut, then writes the shortcut to the public desktop.

• This worked perfectly.  Thank you for the idea!