Kaseya Community

Script to uninstall google chrome

This question has suggested answer(s)

Does anyone have a script for uninstalling Google Chrome? I tried using the wmic command but it doesnt find it by name. 

I need to downgrade a number of people to older version of Chrome so i'm working on step 1 of uninstalling the current version. 

All Replies
  • Create an agent procedure to uninstall via guid. You can find it in audit, add/remove and the application you are looking for. If no guid then you might be able to run the uninstall from an "executefile" in a procedure.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\71.0.3578.98\Installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --system-level --verbose-logging"

• MsiExec.exe /QN /X{51BAF2DB-F22D-3A9D-947C-F78F0BF6ECFA}  < Appears to be the current flavor of the month - but verify with your target systems.

• That GUID is different on most computers.

I'm going to try that other uninstall method above. Didnt give try that yet.

• try running this:

wmic product where "name like 'Google Chrome'" call uninstall /nointeractive

• I tried that. It doesnt find it. Also tried with %%Chrome%%

• One of my techs wrote this procedure last year. I haven't had a chance to ask him if it works.

Basically you get chromesetup.exe (the 1.1mb installer from the web) and run command:

Chromesetup.exe --uninstall --force-uninstall --multi-install --chrome --system-level