Kaseya Community

*ALL service monitoring

• I'm seeing some unexpected behavior with the *ALL and services.
    It picks up all the services I expect and alerts on them. However, it's coming up with services that do not exist. Mostly the KaseyaAgent service. in K2 the service name changed. I'm wondering why it's even looking for a service that doesn't exist on each machine. My understanding was the *ALL option was smart enough to look at only the automatic start type services for each individual machine. It seems to do that, but these "Service Does Not Exist" alarms are odd. ANyone experienced this? I'm wondering if an audit or soemthing would fix it.

Legacy Forum Name: *ALL service monitoring,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • Figured this out. you have to perform update lists by scan to get the latest list of services.

Now the *ALL is reporting only automatic services that actually exist on that machine =)

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • boostmr2
    I'm seeing some unexpected behavior with the *ALL and services.
    It picks up all the services I expect and alerts on them. However, it's coming up with services that do not exist. Mostly the KaseyaAgent service. in K2 the service name changed. I'm wondering why it's even looking for a service that doesn't exist on each machine. My understanding was the *ALL option was smart enough to look at only the automatic start type services for each individual machine. It seems to do that, but these "Service Does Not Exist" alarms are odd. ANyone experienced this? I'm wondering if an audit or soemthing would fix it.

where exactly did you find monitoring for all automatic services?

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Wilfred