Kaseya Community

Barracuda Spam Firewall

• Is anyone doing anything to monitor a barracuda?
    We've had one go down at a client, (not passing email), but still showing live on port 25.
    Thanks!

Rick

Legacy Forum Name: Barracuda Spam Firewall,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines@axcelltech.com
  • Bump so that I can learn this as well.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Phadley
  • rvines@axcelltech.com
    Is anyone doing anything to monitor a barracuda?
    We've had one go down at a client, (not passing email), but still showing live on port 25.
    Thanks!

Rick

I had one, but just tossed it (catistophic hardware failure), and the monitor set with it (we've moved our clients to our hosted solution... yay sales!). Some devices have the MIB available on the device and available via it's web interface, if not, you'll need to get the MIBs info from Barracuda (suggested). Before you fret, TBH the monitoring via SNMP wasn't the best, it was probably my config but I didn't like it.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • People are still using the Barracuda??? I'm not too big of a fan of it anymore (it once was rock solid, now its just a PIA).

to answer your question, if you can get the mibs from them you can probably use them to monitor it in K monitoring.

Frankly, you should look at other products to replace it (lust my opinion... doesn't make me right!).

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    People are still using the Barracuda??? I'm not too big of a fan of it anymore (it once was rock solid, now its just a PIA).

to answer your question, if you can get the mibs from them you can probably use them to monitor it in K monitoring.

Frankly, you should look at other products to replace it (lust my opinion... doesn't make me right!).

Hi boudj,

We currently are running 2 Barracuda 400s in a cluster, and have been getting more and more complaints about it lately. We're looking at the new XCS product line from Watchguard, but I was wondering if you have any other suggestions? We have approximately 110 domains with an average daily mail flow of about 350k messages.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • The symantec products has been doing a good job of spam filtering so give them a shot.

Now me, I went the hosted route and use appriver.com to do it (.74 cents per mailbox per month). I still resell it, make the same margin, and don't have to deal with hardware, bandwidth issues, and other things. And if they suck, or something better comes along, or something as good but cheaper, I can easily switch without being dinged by my overhead costs.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj