Kaseya Community

Unable to save individualized Monitor set

• So I've been rebuilding my monitor sets. And in K2 I am no longer able to save an individualized set. Anyone else see this... have a fix?

Legacy Forum Name: Unable to save individualized Monitor set,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I have a fresh install of K2 and I'm having the same issue. I put in a support ticket on 3/31 so we should know something in about 2 years.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raymondm
  • This is working for me now. The ticket said that they "re-migrated my set".

Additionally, it may have been me missing a step on setting up an IND monitor set. When you click on the individualize icon, the counters, services and process tabs will only allow you to delete items but it will not give you the option to Add if these tabs are already populated. It also will not give you the option to Save any existing item until you click on Commit. I am referring to the Save button when going through the Wizard and not the Save button that's located on the top by the "Monitor Set Name" field. However, when you click on Commit, it will close the window and you then have to click on the individualize icon again. This time, you will see the ability to Add and to save the items.

• raymondm
    This is working for me now. The ticket said that they "re-migrated my set".

Additionally, it may have been me missing a step on setting up an IND monitor set. When you click on the individualize icon, the counters, services and process tabs will only allow you to delete items but it will not give you the option to Add if these tabs are already populated. It also will not give you the option to Save any existing item until you click on Commit. I am referring to the Save button when going through the Wizard and not the Save button that's located on the top by the "Monitor Set Name" field. However, when you click on Commit, it will close the window and you then have to click on the individualize icon again. This time, you will see the ability to Add and to save the items.

OK, I've tried reimporting my monitor sets, I've recreated them from scratch (which was prefered). Commited, and the 'Save' button still doesn't show (after commiting and the button I'm refering to is the one in the "Counter Thresholds" tab) Any other ideas before I create a ticket?

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    OK, I've tried reimporting my monitor sets, I've recreated them from scratch (which was prefered). Commited, and the 'Save' button still doesn't show (after commiting and the button I'm refering to is the one in the "Counter Thresholds" tab) Any other ideas before I create a ticket?

Sorry no. I would just have them remigrate it, whatever that process means.

• Back in early March 2010 we too had this same problem. I submitted a ticket with ksupport and thoroughly explained the issue. The ticket got no where Mad until I escalated it to our North American\East Coast\District mgr who was able to get a tech working on it.

Corey (from the Engineering Team at Kaseya support) was finally the one to get it resolved for us. He was able to identify the problem and quickly released two hotfixes the very next day to resolve it.
    found an issue with the tree folder entitlements not always working with the ability to edit and save changes to the Monitor Sets. The users always have access to save the Monitor Set as their own, or to take any other actions from the Ribbon bar.

If you currently have tickets in with ksupport for this same issue, please tell them to reference our ticket "CS003968 - "Unable to edit Monitor Sets."

I have to say, since this hotfix was implemented (or whatever else they changed on our kserver) the monsets have been working fine and our guys have been able to create, delete, edit, and save all monsets regardless of their creator. Smile

NOTE: This issue happened after we upgraded to K2. Re-creating and\or re-importing the monsets has no affect. You will need the required hotfix to solve this problem, per Corey in the Engineering Team.

Legacy Posted By Username: Chris Cady