Kaseya Community

Monitor Log -Last Value Waiting for Data

• Ok please bear with me I'm very new to Kaseya and still trying to get my head around a few problems.

First off this is Kaseya V2010 /V6.
    Now the monitor sets I have created appear to not be talking back to the Kaseya server. 

One example of just a test monitor set I've created just to try to get some information to be recorded.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <monitor_set_definition version="1.0">
    <MonitorSet name="Hard Disk Space Test" description=''>
    <Counters>
    <Counter name='LogicalDisk space free'  description='null' counterObject='LogicalDisk'  counter='Free Megabytes'  counterInstance='C:'  counterSampleInterval='60' collectionOperator='Over'  collectionThreshold='0' trendTimeSpan='1209600' trendReArm='3600' thresholdOperator='Under'  thresholdAmount='65000' thresholdDuration='25' thresholdWarning='10' thresholdReArm='3600'/>
    </Counters>
    <Services>
    </Services>
    <Processes>
    </Processes>
    </MonitorSet>
    </monitor_set_definition>

All I am getting under the Agent Monitoring > Monitor Log is Waiting for data.

I was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny whether data should be seen under this location based on the monitor sets. Or push me in the right direction to find out possibly why this is happening.

Thanks Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Log -Last Value Waiting for Data,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterJ

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:23 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] .
  • I'm having this problem too.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Easy Net - TI
  • Nice to know I'm not going entirely insaneSmile. Anyone else also having these issues.

• PeterJ
    Ok please bear with me I'm very new to Kaseya and still trying to get my head around a few problems. First off this is Kaseya V2. Now the monitor sets I have created appear to not be talking back to the Kaseya server. One example of just a test monitor set I've created just to try to get some information to be recorded. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <monitor_set_definition version="1.0"> <MonitorSet name="Hard Disk Space Test" description=''> <Counters> <Counter name='LogicalDisk space free' description='null' counterObject='LogicalDisk' counter='Free Megabytes' counterInstance='C:' counterSampleInterval='60' collectionOperator='Over' collectionThreshold='0' trendTimeSpan='1209600' trendReArm='3600' thresholdOperator='Under' thresholdAmount='65000' thresholdDuration='25' thresholdWarning='10' thresholdReArm='3600'/> </Counters> <Services> </Services> <Processes> </Processes> </MonitorSet> </monitor_set_definition> All I am getting under the Agent Monitoring > Monitor Log is Waiting for data. I was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny whether data should be seen under this location based on the monitor sets. Or push me in the right direction to find out possibly why this is happening. Thanks Smile
    I'm guessing you set your sample interval at 1 minute for testing purposes, and not because you're mildy insane. I can confirm that the monitor set works as provided, All I did was import your monitor. You may have to assign your monitor set. Also make sure that other monitors work on that machine, perfmon may be not functioning correctly.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:24 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] .
  • Hey thanks for you reply thirteentwenty

Hmmm that's good to know the monitor set did actually work and yes I did set it too 1 minute for testing Smile. I have assigned that monitor set under Agent Monitoring > Assign Monitoring before without the auto learning feature. Still had no data coming through when checking the monitor log. Will try again. For another test I installed a Kaseya trial edition onto a Server 2008 R2 separate virtual machine. Which also has a virtual 2003 Server which I'm using the agent on for testing. Setup the monitoring on the agent the same and still Waiting for Data under the monitor log. I just can't help thinking it's something really simple I'm over looking.Confused

• PeterJ
    Hey thanks for you reply thirteentwenty

Hmmm that's good to know the monitor set did actually work and yes I did set it too 1 minute for testing Smile. I have assigned that monitor set under Agent Monitoring > Assign Monitoring before without the auto learning feature. Still had no data coming through when checking the monitor log. Will try again. For another test I installed a Kaseya trial edition onto a Server 2008 R2 separate virtual machine. Which also has a virtual 2003 Server which I'm using the agent on for testing. Setup the monitoring on the agent the same and still Waiting for Data under the monitor log. I just can't help thinking it's something really simple I'm over looking.Confused

I would double check that perfmon on the target machines are function as required.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • In my case, I use the Machines Health monitor. It works on the servers, but in the workstation not. It continues to show Waiting for data. I tryed another kind of monitoring and it works on workstations, but i need the machines health monitor.

• Ok I reinstalled the Database schema and I'm now getting data through.Smile

• How did you reinstalled the Database schema? I want to do this too.

PeterJ
    Ok I reinstalled the Database schema and I'm now getting data through.Smile

• Sure go to the server with the Kaseya Server installed on it. Then go Start > Programs > Kaseya click on Reinstall Database Schema. Should take a couple of minutes to run through. For good measure I also rebooted the server since it was a virtual server. Let us know how it goes for you Smile

• I had the same issue with "waiting for data". I scheduled an "update lists by scan" and then re-deployed the monitor sets. After that they began collecting data.

Legacy Posted By Username: diggrp