Kaseya Community

Hyper-V Monitor Set

• Hyper-V Monitor Set (New).xml
    I've created a Hyper-V monitor set that we're using. Primarily we're monitoring the health check, logical processor, and disk queue lengths. There are tons of values to monitor for, but if these resources are depleted, users will notice immediately. I did not include any NICs as each nic instance is named - too difficult to predict what you might have in your system.

Please note you'll need to tweak the health check alarm status based on how many guest machine's you're running. Additionally, the recommended (per MS) alarm value for disk queue length is # of spindles + 2.

If anyone makes updates / modifications, please post those modifications to the forum so we can all benefit. Same goes for fixes if I've overlooked anything.

Legacy Forum Name: Hyper-V Monitor Set,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sielbear
  • We're looking to put Hyper-V in soon, this will be helpful.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210
  • Thanks, it is greatly appreciated!

Legacy Posted By Username: darrylb
  • When i upload the xml file by clicking the Import Monitorset i get the following error:

The page cannot be displayed 
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Type:
    ADODB.Recordset (0x-7ff5f183)
    The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
    /inc/xlate.inc, line 27

Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2)

Time:
    Monday, March 01, 2010 3:15:32 PM

Is their a fault in the script or a problem at my Kaseya?

Legacy Posted By Username: jortbloo