Kaseya Community

Monitoring Microsoft Cluster Servers

• We have several of clients are using Microsoft Cluster for their Exchange and SQL Server, from what I know that Kaseya currently not Cluster aware...

Is there anyway to Monitor those cluster server? specifically Exchange 2007 running on 2008 Server on Cluster

Legacy Forum Name: Monitoring Microsoft Cluster Servers,
    Legacy Posted By Username: INFPTN
  • Anybody have anything on this? It should be pretty simple, and given the amount of smart people on here, I'm surprised that nobody has come up with anything yet.

I have a simple brain, and here's how I think we can make it work:

- Create monitor set A to monitor Services A
    - Assign monitor set A to active node (Node X) and Passive node (Node Y).
    - Run a script against Node Y to disable monitoring
    - Figure out something that happens when the nodes switch in a cluster, and have Kaseya monitor for that. When that event is detected, have it run the "MonSetBoot" script against the passive node (Node Y) (this is the same script that Kaseya runs when a machine boots, etc).
    - Continue to monitor for that event on Node Y and when it's found, run the MonSetBoot on Node X.

I know it's clunky - but there has to be some way for Kaseya to check if the node is the active node in a cluser, and slice alarms if it's not?

Anybody else have any ideas?

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: csousa@radicalsupport.com
  • Sorry, I do not have the answer to this. I am interested in a way to do this as well. I have a Exchange 2007 CCR cluster and a SQL Server 2008 Failover cluster that I need to monitor.

at the very least, maybe you could set up a monitor set to monitor the MSExchangeIS or MSSQLSERVER services, set the re-arm timer to something kind of high, like 6 - 12 hours. If you applied it to the cluster nodes, you would always get an alert for one of them, but as long as you didn't get the alert for both, you would know you are Ok.

Another thing that might be useful is to have a Port Connection check set up on another node in the same network. You could have it check TCP port 1433 on the SQL cluster IP, or port 587 for a mailbox cluster IP. that will at least tell you if the server is listening on the correct ports.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: matcomm