Kaseya Community

Best practices monitoring

• Can anyone direct me to someplace that summarizes what items such as services, processes, components, etc. should be monitored in SBS 2003, SBS 2008?

Other than Trend Micro, there are no applications installed that aren't part of SBS.

Jonathan

Legacy Forum Name: Best practices monitoring,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JLeslie
  • We too are new to Kaseya and are drowning in alerts from only a dozen or so servers. I realize the servers themselves may be throwing too many errors, but what Win server doesn't? Manually digging through each alert to see if we can ignore it or not is tedious to say the least.
    Does anyone know of a reference that triages events by importance. I don't need to see that DCOM hasn't communicated with x computer for some reason, but I want an email if a hard drive fails.
    We're willing to discuss purchasing comprehensive monitor sets, also to shorten the spin-up process.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: iteam
  • There's no monitoring silver bullet. It's all about what's important to you. The next guy might care about DCOM errors and warnings and you may careless about them. So first read the monitoring documention so you understand the basics. Next there's a fairly decent monitoring tutorial video on the Kaseya site, if you can find it. Now look at the Kaseya sample monitoring sets. They will help you get a feel for how they work and how you may/could set your monitoring up. They should help in determining what you want to include or ignore.

Good luck,

Matt

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex