Kaseya Community

Exchange database dismounted alert

• Is there any way to alert when an Exchange DB is dismounted, or doesn't get mounted after a reboot?

Legacy Forum Name: Exchange database dismounted alert,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bradh@netgainhosting.com
  • Monitor for the store.exe process. Is it ain't running, then your store isn't mounted.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • That doesn't appear to be true. The DB can be dismounted, and store.exe can be running. Looking for some deeper Exchange monitoring than just if the service is running.

• You could try monitoring for this event and the corresponding private store event:

Event: 9539
    Souce: MSExchangeIS Public Store
    Description:
    The Microsoft Exchange Information Store database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SERVERNAME)" was stopped.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • I monitor the application log for *unmount* source MSExchangeIS

Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • We Monitor MSExchangeIS Mailbox counter Active Client logons under Monitor Sets.

If it's below 5, your database is dismounted. The only thing you have to watch is that you can't tell the monitor to collect data over 1, as if it's dismounted it'll report 0. You'll need to tell it to collect data below a ridiculously high number (allow 2 or 3 connections at least per user). Also note with the high number that if hte data collected is higher than your 'do not collect higher than', it'll report as 0.

Regards,
    Chris

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • richie3333
    I monitor the application log for *unmount* source MSExchangeIS

Richie3333 -

That sounds like it would do what I want. So the source filter would be MSExchangeIS and the category filter would be *unmount* ?

• Description would be *unmount* not category.

Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • We would like to get a page (text message) if the Information Store is Unmounted. Do we need to create a separate Event Set for this to page/text us? I don't want a page/text for all the other Warnings, etc. Is there a way to send a different email if it's a particular ID?

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • billmccl
    We would like to get a page (text message) if the Information Store is Unmounted. Do we need to create a separate Event Set for this to page/text us? I don't want a page/text for all the other Warnings, etc. Is there a way to send a different email if it's a particular ID?

Thanks!

If you want something special to happen for any one given event (or group of event), you need to create a separate event set for that, and assign an alert monitor using that event set to the machine(s) in question. You can then set this to e-mail the alert to a different address.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • bradh@netgainhosting.com
    Richie3333 -

That sounds like it would do what I want. So the source filter would be MSExchangeIS and the category filter would be *unmount* ?

where under monitor would i find this ?

Legacy Posted By Username: dirkdigs