Kaseya Community

Playing a Alarm Sound when there is a alarm

• Is it possible to play a Alarm sound when there is a alarm ....

Legacy Forum Name: Playing a Alarm Sound when there is a alarm,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Looking4u
  • Anyone got any idea's on this? I would also like to know if this is possible. Its always possible to sit and stare at the dashboard all day long. A simple audible alarm when an alert occurs would be very useful.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: giancarlo
  • It's a logical feature to have on any system which performs monitoring... has anyone come up with a way of achieving audible alarms/alerts with Kaseya yet? Is it in the development pipeline?

Legacy Posted By Username: Edge
  • Hi,

This indeed possible and very easy to do ;-)

I downloaded mpg123.exe (a open-source MP3 command line player and a free mp3 alert.
    I copied MPG123.exe , it's dll file and the alarm.mp3 to the harddisk off our central console pc.

Then, on alert I play the following script on that pc:

IF True
    THEN
    Execute File - (Continue on Fail)
    Parameter 1 : c:\alarm\mpg123.exe
    Parameter 2 : c:\alarm\alarm.mp3
    Parameter 3 : 0
    OS Type : 0
    ELSE

thats all.

Legacy Posted By Username: ISL
  • Thanks ISL

Thats works brilliantly....

Legacy Posted By Username: giancarlo
  • ISL

Hello,

I am new at scripting, can you please send me the script page screenshot.
    Thanks.

I have downloaded the mpg123.exe and have it on c:\alarm, along with an alarm.mp3

Legacy Posted By Username: nirmal
  • nirmal
    Hello,

I am new at scripting, can you please send me the script page screenshot.
    Thanks.

I have downloaded the mpg123.exe and have it on c:\alarm, along with an alarm.mp3

ISL posted the entire script, no need for a screenshot. Use Kaseya's "Import Script" feature on the scripts page, and then in the text box that pops up just paste everything in ISL's post from "If True" to "ELSE".

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • seems like this feature would have been implemented into the dashboard by now.

Legacy Posted By Username: bwirth
  • Most systems cover Site and Sound alarms. Next alarm generation is going to be a PC that reaches out, grabs you, and tells you what the alarm was. They're called robots!

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • Set this up a couple of weeks ago. VLC can be run via the command line, it just has an unusual syntax. The 2 second pause is an attempt to avoid a delay before sound is actually produced - mixed results, but it seems to be a bit better than without the pause.

"c:\program files\videolan\vlc\vlc.exe" vlcStick out tongueause:2 "c:\mpl\alarms\somethingwrong.wav" vlc:quit

Script Name: Alarm
    Script Description:

IF Test File
    Parameter 1 : c:\mpl\alarms\somethingwrong.wav
    Exists :
    THEN
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : "c:\program files\videolan\vlc\vlc.exe" vlcStick out tongueause:2 "c:\mpl\alarms\somethingwrong.wav" vlc:quit
    Parameter 2 : 0
    ELSE
    Write File
    Parameter 1 : c:\mpl\alarms\somethingwrong.wav
    Parameter 2 : VSASharedFiles\Sounds\somethingwrong.wav
    Execute Script
    Parameter 1 : Alarm (NOTE: Script reference is NOT imported. Correct manually in script editor.
    Parameter 2 : .03
    Parameter 3 : 1

Legacy Posted By Username: wodger
  • Another not so fancy way of doing this would be to setup your monitor sets and scripts to email and have outlook setup to run a rule to play a sound. Again not so fancy but just throwing other ideas out there Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: Comsyco
  • Comsyco
    Another not so fancy way of doing this would be to setup your monitor sets and scripts to email and have outlook setup to run a rule to play a sound. Again not so fancy but just throwing other ideas out there Smile

Gets a bit complex if you only want the alarm for certain emails/events etc. But it would stop the alarm from accidentally being set to run on client machines, which ours was doing at one site! Stick out tongue

Legacy Posted By Username: wodger
  • I can't manage it to work... could you give some more info?