Kaseya Community

Log Parser Setup - How To???

• Ok Guys I am having not so much of a blast trying to work this log parser ... essentially I just want to poll the log file, not alert on anything but be able to look at the log file when a client asks me to thru Kaseya. The log is a comma-delimited txt file format ...

The first line shows the format the rest of the file should be read in as ... ie - the first line is the template for the rest of the file .... and the file would look like this -->

Date,Time,RemoteID,CallDuration,PagesReceived,Result,Info,Port,FileInArchiveDir,RoutedTo

"21/12/96","20:14:03","88888888","00:39","1","SUCCESS","Fax received","COM2","","nick@gfitest,alexm@gfitest,bart@gfitest"

SO - I tried to setup the template with all variables as strings just like the first line except I surrounded the variables with $ (on each side) .... the problem is when I go to look at the log file in the Agent Tab - it shows absolutely blank - what am I missing here?

Legacy Forum Name: Log Parser Setup - How To???,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • It would look something like this
    "$Date$","$Time$","$RemoteID$","$CallDuration$","$PagesReceived$","$Result$","$Info$","$Port$","$FileInArchiveDir$","$RoutedTo$"

Someone posted a log parcer app that should help you out...

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Not sure if a link direct to the knowledge base works,
    http://portal.knowledgebase.net/article.asp?article=286934&p=11855

or article ID 286934

The Test tool is your friend when playing with the parser.

Legacy Posted By Username: ryan.odwyer
  • ryan.odwyer
    Not sure if a link direct to the knowledge base works,
    http://portal.knowledgebase.net/article.asp?article=286934&p=11855

or article ID 286934

The Test tool is your friend when playing with the parser.

Ah... Thanks for this... the KB states

[QUOTE=KB]
    Question
    Is there a document explaining how the log parser works?

Answer
    Please see the attached Log Parser guide.
    [/quote]

It's the wee little bitty PDF link on the right side... just skimming over it and it explains a lot... and it's sure to make learining it a bunch easier than the trial and error road I went down...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty