Kaseya Community

PST File Size Check

• Hi guys and gals,

I am having a mare trying to figure this out and i'm wondering if someone can help me out with it.

I need to monitor the size of files in a directory and to create and alert if the files exceed 1GB in size.

The files in the directory are all .pst files

Would anyone have any idea of the best way to go about this.

Another user posted an exe file on here a while back that writes a list to a txt file but i am haveng trouble getting the paser/log parser to read the file and alert from it.

The output in the log file is:

F:\User Shared Folders\\Mail Archive\blahblah.pst - 400.81 MB 0.4 GB (Is File Over Limit: True)

In the command line for the exe that generates this i have set the reporting level to report anything over 1GB, i just need the Parser to pick out anything that says True and alert, but for some reason its not checking the log file...

I just need it to see

Regards

David

Legacy Forum Name: PST File Size Check,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Octavia
  • Hmmm, ok, I got it to work, but it only seems to alert on the 1st file over the limit that is listed in the log file.

Do i have to tell it to alert on all lines or should it do that automatically?

Regards

David

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Octavia
  • OST_File_Check.txt
    I use the MS utility forfiles.exe to scan the documents and settings folder and report on OST file size to a log file. I then parse the log file with a multi line template. You can modify the script to search for PST files instead. It has been working great for me. Let me know if this helps you out at all.

Legacy Posted By Username: jsmall
  • LogParser.jpg
    Attachment refers to previous post.

Legacy Forum Name: ,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jsmall
  • I m trying to do this as well. Does anyone have a detailed description of how you went about it? i want to get an alert when a network saved pst file reaches a certain size.

Carl

Legacy Posted By Username: clomele
  • I get the script to run, it creates a log file but with no data. The directory has about 50 pst files, and I modified the script to check for pst files but it returns no data (empty file) and ideas?

Carl

Legacy Posted By Username: clomele