Kaseya Community

Monitor or not to monitor. That is the question

• Hello Everyone,

We are new to Kaseya and slowing rolling out the agents to all our clients. I have been grappling with the monitor sets for a few weeks now. I am currently monitoring all events logs (dns, application, system, etc). Kaseya will generate an alarm when an event log is either critical, warning, or fail audit.

I have been recording the most common event logs in a database in preparation of creating custom event log sets to monitor. I am curious to know the best method for monitoring.

Is it better to monitor for all failed events and then create an ignore list to filter out the noise or

turn off recording all events and setup custom event log sets to look for certain critical errors?

What have you done to manage the noise?

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor or not to monitor. That is the question,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ITRTech
  • Hi

I think that you should monitor all and add to the ignore list.

The problem with the monitor for specified events is how do you know about new events that need to be monitored?

hc

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • I was thinking that but needed an outside opinion. Thanks for your thoughts. I have work to do creating an ignore list.

Legacy Posted By Username: ITRTech
  • Hi

There is an already created ignore list that covers many of the events to be ignored already.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • where can I find this already created ignore list?

Legacy Posted By Username: ddenhoed