Kaseya Community

Increase Counter Stored Information

• Anyone know how to increase the amount of data the K will store for counters? I found an article from a few years back that stated there is a hard limit at 2500 data points and that it all depends on your polling interval. I tested this and it is true; the shorter your polling cycle, the less data is stored. (i.e. 5 minute polling = 7 days of data, 20 minute polling = 30 days of data)

The post also hinted that this limit could be raised on the database to store more data for a longer period of time. Anybody know where to look? Has this functionality been included in a recent update and I'm just not finding it?

Thanks!

~Dave

Legacy Forum Name: Increase Counter Stored Information,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • RSQDave
    Anyone know how to increase the amount of data the K will store for counters? I found an article from a few years back that stated there is a hard limit at 2500 data points and that it all depends on your polling interval. I tested this and it is true; the shorter your polling cycle, the less data is stored. (i.e. 5 minute polling = 7 days of data, 20 minute polling = 30 days of data)

The post also hinted that this limit could be raised on the database to store more data for a longer period of time. Anybody know where to look? Has this functionality been included in a recent update and I'm just not finding it?

Thanks!

~Dave

You can create new sql table and pump all data into it on monthly basis , but obviously, this data is useful only for pumping data into custom reports, but anyway...:

--(table monitorCounterLogTemp uses same table design as --monitorcounterLog% from Kaseya)
    --truncate table monitorlogCounterTemp
    DECLARE get_TableNames CURSOR FOR
    SELECT name FROM sysobjects WITH(NOLOCK) where xtype='U' and name like 'monitorCounterLog%' order by name desc
    Declare @Tablename as varchar(25)
    OPEN get_TableNames
    FETCH NEXT From get_TableNames into @TableName
    WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
    BEGIN

Exec ('insert into monitorlogCounterTemp ([monitorCounterId],[counterValue],[eventDateTime],[agentGuid]) SELECT [monitorCounterId],[counterValue],[eventDateTime],[agentGuid] From ' + @TableName)
    FETCH NEXT FROM get_TableNames into @TableName
    END
    CLOSE get_TableNames
    DEALLOCATE get_TableNames

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rudi