Kaseya Community

Monitor Sets - Services & Alarms

• Hi,

I have a few monitor sets that check to see if a service has stopped

"Individually assigned: checks windows service for every 3 Minutes & restarted if stopped."

Now this seems to work fine but it raises an alert when a service stops even if it was able to successfully restart the stopped service. Is there anyway I can make it so it alarms if it cant successfully start the service?

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets - Services & Alarms,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Joshua Lehman
  • Does anyone have a best practice on how to do this? Even if you put in a retry of 3 times every 5 minutes and a re-arm of 12 hours. You will only get notified once. No matter if the service was restarted or not. How about an alert that it could not restart a service? Is that possible to do?

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ddenhoed
  • I wouldn't set the rearm for 12 hours.
    I just set one up for exchange:

Set retry to 3, Interval to 3 minutes, and Rearm to 10 minutes.
    Applied the alarm to my exchange server with an email notification.

If the service goes down, The service will be started 3 times, the last occuring at the 6 minutes mark. If after another 4 minutes, at the 10 minute mark, the service is still not running, another email will be sent that is down.

The only down side to this is once I have automatic ticket creation up and running, i don't want a ticket made every ten minutes a service is down. The emails i am ok with though, it's better to have too much info than not enough.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • I wouldn't set the rearm for 12 hours.
    I just set one up for exchange:

Set retry to 3, Interval to 3 minutes, and Rearm to 10 minutes.
    Applied the alarm to my exchange server with an email notification.

If the service goes down, The service will be started 3 times, the last occuring at the 6 minutes mark. If after another 4 minutes, at the 10 minute mark, the service is still not running, another email will be sent that is down.

The only down side to this is once I have automatic ticket creation up and running, i don't want a ticket made every ten minutes a service is down. The emails i am ok with though, it's better to have too much info than not enough.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • I contacted Kaseya support about this... they said basically there is no way to have it alarm only if the monitor set fails to restart a service. So i guess we will have to put this down in the feature request category?

Legacy Posted By Username: cricketts